People who use an M9 AND a bunch of other pedals

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just a head's up for those of you with M series pedals on your board:

I discovered that even well shielded instrument cables had a very strong tendency to get a NASTY hum when they were positioned near the big power block on the power supply for the M13 (same on the M9). So if you have that bit mounted on your board somewhere (underneath like I do probably) try to plant it somewhere out of the way of any of your cable runs and not directly under another pedal, even if it's in a metal enclosure. Seriously, try it, wave the cable that goes from your instrument to the M9 around near that power block and you'll hear what I mean.

• Members

Just a head's up for those of you with M series pedals on your board:

I discovered that even well shielded instrument cables had a very strong tendency to get a NASTY hum when they were positioned near the big power block on the power supply for the M13 (same on the M9). So if you have that bit mounted on your board somewhere (underneath like I do probably) try to plant it somewhere out of the way of any of your cable runs and not directly under another pedal, even if it's in a metal enclosure. Seriously, try it, wave the cable that goes from your instrument to the M9 around near that power block and you'll hear what I mean.

Line6 Easter Egg

• Members

Very nice. :phil:

Just curious - is anyone running two M9s together; either alone or in combination with other pedals?

I've thought about running one before my Liverpool and one after, but keep coming back to the thought that I'd like a bit more variety. It is tempting, though - talk about a user friendly, but incredibly versatile system.

• Members

What kind of an amp are you using - or do you run direct?

Right now, I'm running direct into a couple of monitors. Not really playing with anyone at the moment, so I don't need stage volumes but when I get back to it, I'm thinking of picking up a couple of powered stage monitors so I can run synths into the same rig.

I'm kind of surprised in a way that more guitarists don't run their pedals on a tabletop.... maybe with a remote switcher on the floor to kick them on and off. It seems that if you had the switches on the floor, but the controls on a tabletop, it would open up more interactive use. :idk:

• Members

I'm kind of surprised in a way that more guitarists don't run their pedals on a tabletop.... maybe with a remote switcher on the floor to kick them on and off. It seems that if you had the switches on the floor, but the controls on a tabletop, it would open up more interactive use.
:idk:

I could definitely see the benefits of that in a studio setting, but in most live settings? ... doesn't seem that feasible...

• Members

I see a lot of stuff I like in this thread

took this a couple of days ago. 1 out from SHO goes into M9 then 1 amp, and the other out from the SCH clone into a second amp for looping purposes. I would like to get some thing after the the SHO for the second amp so I can mix the signal up a bit, but still debating, I would like to try a DMMWH, maybe soon?

img1582nb.jpg

• Members

Interesting - so, are you using the Liverpool for the amp emulation with the keyboards too, or just for guitar?

Just guitar, but I was watching "Classic Albums: Deep Purple Machine Head" last night and saw John Lord playing his Hammond through a Marshall and it got me thinking . . . (I just fiddle on keys, so these kinds of things are kind of a revelation to me).

Archived