Read the Rules or Get Banned- Is this heavy handedness what we want?

LSDis4me

• Members

FYI: The SPAM threads here are mostly useless these days.

I have better luck selling gear on Craigslist than I do here. And my local Craigslist is terrible.

true, though I've had sales and good trades. TGP seems to reach a wider audience. If I have something that interests people, and listed it on the TGP its usually gone within a day, or a few hours.

Phil is hip though

• Members

Actually, iirc the title WAS voted on and set by the users... So in this case, it was a democratic action taken to curtail too much spamming. Harsh wording suggested and approved by members. Don't hate Phil for basically doing a good job and letting members determine a course for something that is pretty much for and by members.

If it's time to reevaluate it and everyone agrees it sucks or something then, okay, maybe that's fine - but honestly, bans around here are mainly time-outs, they're more like probations or whatever. It's not like you're persona non grata because you posted twice in the spam thread, isn't it just a day or three?

• Members

Phil did that for a good reason if I remember correctly.

And it does keep the spam thread pretty dense and straight-up, which I appreciate.

I do agree though, the wording sounds a bit harsh, but at one point, I think the issue got to be a bit much.

And I never understood why peeps post "in" in a spam thread.

• Members

It does work. Members requested this years ago... 2007 or so. The SPAM thread became impossible and annoying to navigate. There was more chatter than actual sales. Worst of all , it became like Craigslist where people started complaining about overpriced items :facepalm:

Ever since Phil made the change, the SPAM thread has actually become useful.

Thank you, Phil :love:

• Members

Yeah, the old spam thread was super annoying. It was Crxsh and some others reposting the same stuff on every page, plus quoting their pals' stuff and commenting on it. So, every page would have pretty much the same stuff on it, and you would have wade through repost after repost trying to find something new. It is so much easier read through now. If we're going to have a spam thread here, I think this is the best way to do it.

Archived