What are you "hip kids" listening to these days?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

last few faves have been (and this is not saying that any of it is new, 'cept to me) I don't claim to be in touch, but feel like these bands do SOLID work, and their albums are great (IMO) all the way through:

None of these bands are alike and I am grounded in the idea that you will all find something you like from this short selection.

King Kahn and the Shrines / King Kahn and BBQ Show / Almighty Defenders

[video=youtube;aI2MxZmj-6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI2MxZmj-6A

Theater Fire

Wye Oak

+1 on Tame Impala

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBSropdYqtY

Tak

• Members

I have no idea what is "hip", but these guys rock and seem to fit the bill for what I think a hipster might like. I have no idea really.

[video=youtube;N1Qr-QEQmZI]

And I'm glad to see some Gambino love, he's one of very few rappers I actually like.

• Members

AFAIK they released a DVD of King of Limbs From the Basement. Supposed to be better than the album (which I found to be disappointing).

yeah, I listened to a bit of that, but with the new drummer they reworked them a bit more. lotus flower is a prime example of a song that isn't so good on the Basement tracks, and the CD, but on the current tour, whoa.

• Members

I bought that LP just the other day and got a free ticket to an in-store performance so I'm pretty excited.

St. Vincent has been getting a lot of attention lately but that's definitely not new. I really don't think I'd consider myself a hip kid, but Enemies List Home Recordings may be the best thing in underground music right now IMO. Or at least one of the most consistent and interesting.

Lucky guy.

The version of Rolling in the Deep that he does is super cool.

• Members

I listen to whatever gets posted.

Just recently:

Parlour

Mercy Choir

some reject from Grand Uleno in a new band whose name I always forget

Kowloon Walled City (wtf are they going to put out a new album)

Forever and Everest

Speak Onion

Archived