The official Euro 2012 thread...

juri

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Germans are organised as usual but Spain should win it on paper.

But no one has ever won back to back Euros, much less with a World Cup win in between. That would make Spain the best European team ever? Do they look like the best team ever?

• Members

But no one has ever won back to back Euros, much less with a World Cup win in between. That would make Spain the best European team ever? Do they look like the best team ever?

They don't look as complete as they did in the last two competitions due to the fact that Villa was prolific in both and Torres was imperious in the previous Euro. But they still should beat any team on their day because they play the game more skillfully than everyone else.

As for the best team ever? Hard to say. There have been many great international teams of different eras. Pele's various Brazilian teams, the 70's Dutch teams of total football, Platini's France, that have had varying degrees of success but were noted as great teams because of the way they played. Spain have swept all before them while playing football in an attractive manner and won so I guess that makes them ONE of the greatest teams ever but it's not something that can be easily quantified.

I suppose that's a bit of a cop-out answer, but there you go. Maybe I should have said I believe they should be regarded as favourites to win it as they are by far the most skillful team in it, with the nucleus of the great Barca team, as as you seen with Chelski that doesn't automatically win competitions.

Sometimes ugly wins. Except for Ireland.

• Members

Italy - England should be a cracker. And the winner of that versus (probably) Germany another memorable encounter. (If it's England lose on penalties again maybe????)

Unless I'm mistaken the winner of England - Italy game will play the Czech - Portugal games winner. Thanks to Sweden...

• Members

1990 and 1996 wants you to take that back!

I'm talking about recent history. Final or semi-final is where germany becomes unrecognizable.

I'd like to be wrong but I think spain will win this one too

• Members

what i think...germany will win greece, even if they dont deserve...mademoiselle Angela will make sure that the greeks get a few more euros.

Spain and Italy will get around 780k millions (by the rescue fund aka german money), so, impossibru for them to win.

didnt heard anything about more money for Portugal, so i guesse we still have a chance to win the Euro :D

• Members

I am hopin for Italy to beat England tomorrow but that will put me in a predicament with who to endorse in the following game. I am huge fan of Bayern / Germany and they are "my people" but I lived in Rome for two years and have a natural soft spot for Italians in general... Here's hopIng I get to wear my Italian jersey and German flag as a cape.

To those in Brooklyn I will be watching tomorrows game at the Blackhorse on 16th and 5th ave. Come by and hoist a pit with me.

Archived