The official Euro 2012 thread...

juri

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hahahah @ last night's result and the consequent "exit stage left" from pundits and people alike :D

{censored}ing--"LOL".

I agree, and I think a lot of people would like to see that.

It wouldn't work. The loop-hole it would create (as in players getting yellow cards intentionally) would be abused by too many players and they'll start doing the team-fouls where they take turns to continually bring down the same player from the opposing team. And don't say that won't happen ;) you as a United fan should know that loop-holes are there to be taken advantage of... that Blackburn game either last year or the year before was one of the hardest sporting events I had to endure watching (when the scores were a draw and neither team kicked the ball because a draw was adequate for them both). How on earth that was allowed I still don't understand but when a loop-hole is available teams can and do take advantage. Same kinda feeling re: the City game at the end of the year... like it or not... QPR knew a minute or so before both goals went in that they were safe. Take what you will from that ;)

• Members

Looks like The Netherlands will need a miracle to survive. They'll need two goals in the next half hour, and the way it's going now it looks more like Portugal will be the team that's most likely to score again...:s

• Members

I hate Portugal, they epitomize poor gamesmanship.

honestly, i kind of agree with this. I don't really have any rooting interest against them or against specific players on their team. On paper, I wouldn't mind seeing them succeed. But every time I watch them play in one of these international tournaments, it's a total dive fest. It's almost sickening to actually watch them play.

• Members

honestly, i kind of agree with this. I don't really have any rooting interest against them or against specific players on their team. On paper, I wouldn't mind seeing them succeed. But every time I watch them play in one of these international tournaments, it's a total dive fest. It's almost sickening to actually watch them play.

And i am not biased in any way. I hate to see any player feign injury. It is cringe-worthy when an England player does it. It is the one thing about football that i really hate.

• Members

And i am not biased in any way. I hate to see any player feign injury. It is cringe-worthy when an England player does it. It is the one thing about football that i really hate.

Yeah, we totally won today thanks to our dive fest. And we're the only team on the tournament that does it. Besides that football is such an uncorrupt and fair game at all levels.

Archived