New Jaguarillo Day!

• Members

jaguarillo.jpg

I've wanted something with a bit more bite than my Strat for quite some time w/o just grabbing a Fat Strat, and came across this Pawn Shop Series. Honestly I never heard of these up until 2 weeks ago. Did a lot of research and this guitar was pretty much a 50/50 toss up with the community.

First impressions- I've owned a lot of MIM Fenders, and I think this is on par with the Classic/Classic Player series. Nothing really to complain about in the quality control department. The maple Urethane neck is really smooth and comfortable. I've played a few C-shaped necks and have always enjoyed them. The only thing I have to get used to is the positioning of the pickup switching. I've been playing Strats for years, and I kept either hitting the switch, or going towards the knobs to grab it.

Overall, it's a sweet guitar. It's extremely comfortable to play (weight and balance), and it really resolves my issue with finding a Strat with some more bite. The Atomic HB through my Blues Junior is exactly what I was looking for. This guitar covers a lot of the bases with it's versatility. Fender did a great job with the Jaguarillo in my opinion.

Archived