So the Strymon Flint buyers-demo's are starting to leak out onto youtube..

gambit

• Members

still not convinced.. the massive reverbs are still very much digital, and not melding with the dry signal as other lofi reverbs/racks do :idk:

the trem's sound alright though. the phasey one seems to be getting a lot of attention from the few who have demo'd them..

[video=youtube;1btvW8CCHNU]

[video=youtube;FLTTcXKHrt4]

and trust crxsh to send the Flint through a Bluesky! :lol:

[video=youtube;bsBf61Y26EE]

(is it a keeper though crxsh?)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sounds pretty good if you need those particular sounds. Something like that is a bit of a grey area for me. Using it live, I'm not going to be able to tell the difference in a mix between the Strymon and Boss pedals or whatever. For recording, I'd rather reamp tracks through a nice amp for trem or just use high quality plugins.

• Members

I have one on the way, I needed a reverb pedal for my Tungsten and was prepared to spend $200 on a single reverb pedal, I figured $300 for 3 different types of reverb and 3 different trems was worth a try. Most of the clips I've heard sound pretty great for a pedal, I'm hoping I dig it when it gets here.

• Members

It's a really nice little box. The reverb sounds stellar and the Trem is great too. I got it Thursday and have really been enjoying it. Need to get a tap tempo switch for it, but I like it a lot.

Lemme know if there's anything you want to hear more of and I'll throw something up. :D

• Members

It's a really nice little box. The reverb sounds stellar and the Trem is great too. I got it Thursday and have really been enjoying it. Need to get a tap tempo switch for it, but I like it a lot.

Lemme know if there's anything you want to hear more of and I'll throw something up.
:D

ooh, the longest, deepest and darkest settings on all reverb modes please! with the mix knob up at 3/4's (assuming that's the highest level setting like on the El Capistan?).

everything i've heard of the tone/colour knob up around 12 o'clock sounds too pristine for me.. but i'd love to hear how murky those 'infinite' reverbs can get. and if the fact that the tone is rolled back means the decay time affected to much of a degree.

some swells or just sparse clean guitar playing would be the cherry, on the icing, of the demo-cake. :thu:

• Members

ooh, the longest, deepest and darkest settings on all reverb modes please! with the mix knob up at 3/4's (assuming that's the highest level setting like on the El Capistan?).

everything i've heard of the tone/colour knob up around 12 o'clock sounds too pristine for me.. but i'd love to hear how murky those 'infinite' reverbs can get. and if the fact that the tone is rolled back means the decay time affected to much of a degree.

some swells or just sparse clean guitar playing would be the cherry, on the icing, of the demo-cake.
:thu:

This.

I'm still on the fence with this one. I'm using a rrr and a hummingbird and I really like the sounds i can get from them, but this def seems a lot more flexible. I should probably just save for the moog delay and pretend that this doesn't exist.

• Members

some swells or just sparse clean guitar playing would be the cherry, on the icing, of the demo-cake.
:thu:

I'll put something together for you. Tomorrow maybe. :thu:

• Members

I really love harmonic tremolo, those old brown fender concert amps are my personal "holy grail". I'm really spilt on this pedal. I could just get a c-bread harmonic mesmerizer, for that harmonic tremolo. I also kind of want a spring theory, that would be about the same price as a flint (if I bought both). The other tremolo options and reverb options on the flint hold no interest to me. :/

I've been playing a slow chor-ish setting on my deluxe pitch pirate (which had a phaserish sound to it) into a tremolo. Although not really the same, its adding that watery texture. So... I dont know. the spring theory just sounds nicer from what I've watched compared to the flint. I'd like to see more spring demos and room settings...

• Members

I preordered in the first few minutes but ended up canceling. You mentioned my main gripe with strymon pedals, the effect never seems to blend in well with the original signal somehow.

I recently felt on the WET reverb reviews and got one. Just a few minutes after it arrived I knew it was not going to stay, precisely because of that, it didn't feel like the original signal melted with the reverb, more like it was just adding it on top. It sucks, so for a $300 reverb I'd like to try it first.

On a positive note for Strymon, their pedals are available in Japan, and price tags are fair, not like Fulltone, Subdecay or EHXs..

Archived