I JUST ATE VELVEETA!

RoboPimp

• Members

velveeta makes the best grilled cheeses. fact.

The best grilled cheese I ever had was made for me by the poet laureate of Connecticut. I dunno what it was exactly, but it was great and it wasn't no {censored}ing velveta.

• Members

And she makes top notch grilled-cheeses WITHOUT using velveeta.

Exactly.

Little known fact. I am an award-winning poet/fiction writer/composer.

I am not an award-winning cook.

• Members

What awards have you won?

Collins Prize for Poetry (for inventing a new poetic form)

Long River Writing Award for the Short Story "Our Savior in the Year 2000"

Blue Ridge Blood Festival Best Original Soundtrack for "They Walk" (Indie Horror fest. Won for zombie music.)

etc. etc. etc.

Hey I never said they were well-known awards but hell, at least some of them pay out.

There are more but I'm too much of a pompous ass to disclose them.

• Members

What was the new poetic form? Iambic diameter?

Circuited lines (they were in a kind of ten syllable line).

Alright so the requirement is that every line must form two different sentences upon the first and second reading of the line. So, your meter is sentence-based rather than line-based and each sentence (as written) ends somewhere in the middle of a line.

What happens is each line can be read infinitely or as many times as you like in a loop before moving onto the next line which can also be read the same way, etc, etc, until you get to the last line which must loop back to the first line.

It's a difficult way to write but very useful if you're doing a poem about, say, OCD or other neuroses.

My poem was about someone with compulsions related to the number five.

It's unusual because there aren't really any other enjambment-based metrical structures. They are usually line, syllable, or rhyme-based.

I've also come up with a number of other forms for other purposes. Another good neurosis.schizophrenic one is almega in which each line must either be one word or begin and end with the same word. It's something you don't necessarily pick up on when you hear it aloud at first but it tends to impart a really sort of seemingly disorganized style of speaking and encourages forays into word salad.

Besides that I also did the haikube which is a rubiks cube that has a symmetrical haiku on each side

so you can move the squares and create new haiku as you like.

• Members

Circuited lines (they were in a kind of ten syllable line).

Alright so the requirement is that every line must form two different sentences upon the first and second reading of the line. So, your meter is sentence-based rather than line-based and each sentence (as written) ends somewhere in the middle of a line.

What happens is each line can be read infinitely or as many times as you like in a loop before moving onto the next line which can also be read the same way, etc, etc, until you get to the last line which must loop back to the first line.

It's a difficult way to write but very useful if you're doing a poem about, say, OCD or other neuroses.

My poem was about someone with compulsions related to the number five.

It's unusual because there aren't really any other enjambment-based metrical structures. They are usually line, syllable, or rhyme-based.

I've also come up with a number of other forms for other purposes. Another good neurosis.schizophrenic one is almega in which each line must either be one word or begin and end with the same word. It's something you don't necessarily pick up on when you hear it aloud at first but it tends to impart a really sort of seemingly disorganized style of speaking and encourages forays into word salad.

Besides that I also did the haikube which is a rubiks cube that has a symmetrical haiku on each side

so you can move the squares and create new haiku as you like.

Interesting. Mind posting an example of either form?

Archived