Looking for a high gain fuzzy distortion....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

i think you were initially correct, the EQD stuff is great, justnick on youtube has a great comparison of them all.

i'd steer clear on the graphic fuzz. it doesn't have much gain (as you would think) and doesn't do, chugga chugga.

its a killer stand out tone, but 'unique"

one that i would check out is the Big Muff Germanium 4, sounds like exactly what you are wanting.

• Members

When I read the original description, I thought Rat. Maybe I'm wrong about what you're after, but at high gain it sounds fuzz-like to me, definitely not scooped. My current Rat of choice is the Mooer Black Secret. Elements sounds cool to, but different.

Steve

• Members

When I read the original description, I thought Rat. Maybe I'm wrong about what you're after, but at high gain it sounds fuzz-like to me, definitely not scooped. My current Rat of choice is the Mooer Black Secret. Elements sounds cool to, but different.

Steve

I actually went back and tried out my Keeley RAT again, and it sounded a lot better than I remembered.

With the gain set right before it gets fat and muddy......pretty much exactly what I was going for....metal tone that doesn't sound like metal tone (I just mean enough saturation to be heavy, but not teh brewtalz).

It's a pretty old RAT, and I need to spend some time fixing it up.....the gain pot makes it cut out sometimes and footswitch doesn't always work.

Funnily enough, I just made a deal to get a VFE dual pedal, muff with mids on one side, RAT with options on the other. PERFECT!

Pretty sure VFE is my new favorite pedal company. Soothes my tweaker soul.

• Members

I still thank everyone for the suggestions, and The elements is definitely on my short list of pedals to try.

If it can make my JTM sound like a metal amp, it would be handy to have around.

I learned a lot researching all of the suggested pedals. :thu:

• Members

I came in here to suggest Mojo Hand Colossus. I love mine dialed in for more midrange distortion than fuzz. Check out the burgerman demo where he's adjusting the pedal knobs as he's playing. It sold me a few months back when I had a thread like this.

Archived