Subdecay Anamnesis Echo

spoonie g

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by hotmess View Post
Cool, an Echo Base...
Not really... Not to sound overly defensive, but I went over these "allegations" with the echobox even though it came out before the echobase was really done. The echobase is a cool DIY project, but it has an input buffer that's not exactly best practice and I'm generally not a fan of using CD4016/66 for audio switching. The modulation on the echobase also looks like it would vary a bit depending on the power supply. The delay time and modulation in the Anamnesis are voltage controlled.

Somehow a few people over at TGP were also under the impression that the echobox was a straight DMM clone... which should have been obvious that it wasn't, but hey... it's TGP. biggrin.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Brian Marshall View Post
The echobase is a cool DIY project, but it has an input buffer that's not exactly best practice and I'm generally not a fan of using CD4016/66 for audio switching. The modulation on the echobase also looks like it would vary a bit depending on the power supply.
despite this it pretty much pwnz every "boutique" PT2399 delay out there

sometimes things look bad on paper but sound so much better

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by RoboPimp View Post
despite this it pretty much pwnz every "boutique" PT2399 delay out there

sometimes things look bad on paper but sound so much better
I am not saying that the echobase sounds bad. The 2.2M inverting input is not something I'd use on a pedal where I'd want a dry unaffected signal. If it works great, but there are potential problems with noise. The point I am making is that we didn't copy anything.
I've never tried an echobase. I did build a PT80 years ago which I believe at least partially inspired the echobase. That was a pretty cool pedal too, and I think there were a couple boutique variants of it at one point. That was the first non-datasheet based pt2399 guitar pedal that I know of. It did lack a modulation option though.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Brian Marshall View Post
Of course you don't. You don't like anything.

mikey-likes-it.jpg
sure I do, I like the echobase modulation a great deal for a PT2399, it has a very lush and gentle warble, this one sounds very bland and sterile, more digital than what I'm used to. Are you using digital controllers of some sort to modulate?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RoboPimp

View Post

sure I do, I like the echobase modulation a great deal for a PT2399, it has a very lush and gentle warble, this one sounds very bland and sterile, more digital than what I'm used to. Are you using digital controllers of some sort to modulate?

do you even really want an answer?

Archived