OT: Cash making machine...

Ryan.

• Members

So recently my gf's parents came back from a trip to Denver. They took me to breakfast and bought me a bloody mary with a strip of bacon in it, but that is beside the point so let's not get distracted.

The point of this post is:

Apparently there is a bar there. With two grand pianos facing each other. Also a bassist. Electric guitar. Drum kit. Mics for everyone!

The people playing these instruments know every song (okay maybe they can't play that hit song by Whores or BearFlag.) in the playbook.

These people playing these instruments will play any song you want, and for a big enough tip, they will stop playing the current song and skip to your song. So if Smells Like Teen Spirit is being played and you know that song sucks so you're like, BOOM here is $50 to play VOODOO (GOSH SORRY BAX) by Godsmack, cause that {censored} rocks bro... they will do it. They will cut off Kurt and switch over.

Apparently this band was making money hand over fist the two nights they went to watch.

ALSO: they had this chalkboard, where you could pay to write something on it.

It would say: DENVER SUCKS! (for $80 you can change this)

Then it would say: Puerto Rico has beautiful men. (for $81 you can change this.)

When they left it was at $101.

Oh and the musicians would rotate instruments. They could all do everything.

So anywho, have any of you ever been to this place? I want to run one and make monies all day. :love:

• Members
So recently my gf's parents came back from a trip to Denver. They took me to breakfast and bought me a bloody mary with a strip of bacon in it, but that is beside the point so let's not get distracted.

The point of this post is:

Apparently there is a bar there. With two grand pianos facing each other. Also a bassist. Electric guitar. Drum kit. Mics for everyone!

The people playing these instruments know every song (okay maybe they can't play that hit song by Whores or BearFlag.) in the playbook.

These people playing these instruments will play any song you want, and for a big enough tip, they will stop playing the current song and skip to your song. So if Smells Like Teen Spirit is being played and you know that song sucks so you're like, BOOM here is $50 to play Venom by Godsmack, cause that {censored} rocks bro... they will do it. They will cut off Kurt and switch over.

Apparently this band was making money hand over fist the two nights they went to watch.

ALSO: they had this chalkboard, where you could pay to write something on it.

It would say: DENVER SUCKS! (for $80 you can change this)

Then it would say:
Puerto Rico has beautiful men
. (for $81 you can change this.)

When they left it was at $101.

Oh and the musicians would rotate instruments. They could all do everything.

So anywho, have any of you ever been to this place? I want to run one and make monies all day.
:love:

• Members

Sounds like Howl at the Moon to me. Don't know for a fact there's one in Denver, but I've been to one in Tampa, New Orleans, and Chicago.

Walked to the one in Tampa with the whole wedding party after the reception. They even waived the cover charge for my wife and me.

• Members

Sounds like Howl at the Moon to me. Don't know for a fact there's one in Denver, but I've been to one in Tampa, New Orleans, and Chicago.

Walked to the one in Tampa with the whole wedding party after the reception. They even waived the cover charge for my wife and me.

Boom, that's the name. Did you enjoy it?

• Members

Yeah, I used to go to the one in Tampa all the time when I was in college. They would have secret words like on the old PeeWee Herman show, so when they said "Alice" in the middle of a song they'd stop and everyone would sing "Alice? Alice? Who the {censored} is Alice?" or later on in the night a girl would come up with a song request, one of the piano players would say the word and everyone in the bar would scream "You bitch! You c*nt! You whore!" Highly recommended for a night of drunken shenanigans.

• Members

Bandleader: Welcome to T.G.I. McScratchy's, where it's constantly New Years' Eve! Here we go again! Three, two, one! (Starts playing violin)

Everyone: Happy New Year!

(The band plays "Auld Lang Syne" as a waiter comes up to Homer and Marge.)

Marge: It must be wonderful to ring in the new year over and over and over!

Waiter: Please kill me.

• Members

Just watched a couple videos on the howl at the moon website. I'm sure its a good time if you're there, but I'd have to be pretty drunk to think this was a good cover...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g6g7LMySb0

There's a place like that around these parts minus the band....its called Rum Runner Dueling Piano Bar.
It's always packed with bros
, but its fun.

And this.

• Members

Yep, howl at the moon. They bought out another piano bar (sing sing) that was doing quite well, and just opened a few months ago. My fiddle playing friend, under old management, would get paid $75 (and free drinks..) to go down fri and sat nights to play devil went down to Georgia and 2 other songs. 3 songs, $75, and all you can drink? Good times...

Archived