the supernatural has landed (with pics)

echodeluxe

• Members

315d65c.jpg

a big shout out to aaron of proguitarshop for being awesome and getting this to me so damn fast.

got it this morning and have been jamming with it ever since. initial impressions:

plate: wow, never really used plate verb before but its huge and lush and awesome. sounds amazing 100% wet.

plate mod: a cool take on plate. very useable and huge.

shimmer: i hate to say it, but kinda St. Vincent in a box. not a bad thing! i was honestly blown away by this setting. description alone i was kinda eh, but after playing it, this might be my favorite setting. so lush and layered and swirly and awesome.

supernova: sounds like its name. on 100% wet its just insane.

shine: perfect for cool swells and super washy stuff. i think this mode was made to be played 100% wet.

pherb: probably my least favorite of the bunch, but only because all the other modes are so insane. i have already found a use for overdubs with this mode though.

spring: now, ya'll know im a sucker for spring reverb. its my favorite reverb type by a longshot and i always need a good spring reverb either on my board as emulation or in an amp. they said that this is the best spring emulation so far, and they are right. its just like sitting in front of an amp with the reverb cranked. and not just a fender. it gets dark washy reverb sounds, bright and bouncy, long or short, subtle or huge. its extremely versatile and it sounds so real. lexicon hit it out of the park.

obviously this is the honeymoon phase. hell i just got it today! ill have to post some clips or a video at some point down the line. maybe at next practice or something.

so far this is the most impressive reverb pedal ive ever played. tons of useful settings, lots of control over parameters, and the best spring ive ever heard in a pedal.

gratuitous shot of my gf playing with it:

33toz5v.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ok so some things i like about this pedal that i didnt include in the above post:

100% wet: i mean, come on. i love it. i was a little bummed that the rv-7 didnt do full wet (still an incredible pedal though. dat reverse!) so this makes me really happy.

uh, thats it for now.

• Members

So...better spring than the Holy Grail and Malekko?

Could you give a run down of what the liveliness control does in each mode? Or does it control the brightness in each mode?

Also, did you have to sign for the package? I'm seeing a signature confirmation requirement on my tracking page. Hope not because I wasn't home when the mail carrier came today.

• Members

the best spring ive ever heard. not saying the holy grail and malekko arent good (because the malekko is incredible) but the spring on the supernatural is almost too real.

the liveliness controls the high end content for each mode, so when you roll it back you get a darker reverb. on the spring mode, it also adds more "bounce" and drip to the springs. this is also true for the rv-7. i like drippy bouncy spring sounds so i run the liveliness all the way up.

i didnt have to sign for mine, but i mean i guess it depends.

• Members

dig it. wish it was possible to try it out first but you seem taken by it

i wasnt sure how much id really like it until i actually played it. however, the spring demo and the description of the spring setting really pulled me in. if this pedal only had the spring mode and everything else was {censored}, id still go for it. it sounds as good and better than i thought it would, and the other brilliant modes are just another layer in the deliciously spacey cake that is the supernatural.

• Members

Thanks for the review! St. Vincent in a box???!!!!??? May have to get one myself. Looks like this is going to be a big hit.

yeah, i can see this being huge with people who want a space but cant justify the ridiculous price. its got some really awesome sounds. obviously not as tweakable but im not much of a tweaker so im satisfied to no end.

Archived