Can you guys give me a few ideas for raising some money for a friend in need?

loosegroove

• Members

So one of my best friend's sisters, who I am also friends with, is going through a really difficult time. Losing their mother to cancer two years ago, the family went through a very rough patch, and unfortunately they've never really recovered.

She had a decent job out in California, but she became depressed and turned to the bottle for self medication. She lost her job because she was no longer productive, and now she needs help and rehabilitation.

My friend is going out to California to take her away from an unhealthy environment and is going to try and find her rehab/therapy. Unfortunately he pretty much lives paycheck to paycheck, and she has no money because of losing her job.

So I was trying to think of a way to raise a few bucks to help with the trip and for professional help. You dudes have any ideas?

Thanks guys!

• Members

When I was younger and a Dead {censored}, my friends and I would go through each others pantry and call the companies to complain and they would send us out $5 in the mail of shopping vouchers....

allowed us to buy bread/pasta/fruit for festivals/camping trips.

• Members

For your friend making the trip, I would probably see if you and some your mutual friends would all throw in some cash to help him with his own expenses.

For his sister, probably one of the most helpful things you could do is to look up any programs in her area that she could utilize. If the plan is ultimately to move her away from there, then just look for state funded substance abuse treatment centers, food pantries, mental health agencies, etc. If you aren't able to find any info on your own, then find the number for the department of social services in her area and call them - they should be able to help point you in the right direction.

• Members

So one of my best friend's sisters, who I am also friends with, is going through a really difficult time. Losing their mother to cancer two years ago, the family went through a very rough patch, and unfortunately they've never really recovered.

She had a decent job out in California, but she became depressed and turned to the bottle for self medication. She lost her job because she was no longer productive, and now she needs help and rehabilitation.

My friend is going out to California to take her away from an unhealthy environment and is going to try and find her rehab/therapy. Unfortunately he pretty much lives paycheck to paycheck, and she has no money because of losing her job.

So I was trying to think of a way to raise a few bucks to help with the trip and for professional help. You dudes have any ideas?

Thanks guys!

On the real though... if it's gonna happen in california, get on the internet. There are lots of good FREE programs out here to get substance abuse people back on their feet. An old high school friend of mine just went through vicodin addiction at some place, they got her working and clean and now she is moving out on her own and back on track.

Archived