Lets Talk about Compressors

Naterel

• Members

I had a CS-2 a while back, now I need something

What say you denizens of HCFX?

The Guyatone ST-2. Get two of them. Serial compression is fun. You can get way more compression with two of them in serial, and with no noise.

NanoBoard.jpg

• Members

I like my two knob Keeley. Anything more than two knobs and I'm going to screw it up because I'm an idiot.

There are 2 trims inside the pedal.. which basically means that the 2 knob and 4 knob Keeley are the same thing (?)

Idiot or not, I feel you need to know this.

• Members

I have the Guyatone ST-2. Really cool for a 'traditional' compressor, can switch in 50% dry mix to keep the squash back.

I also have a Boss LM-2. Phil's dropped the science on me about what a 'Limiter' is but I can't remember it. Basically though, Boss LM-2 is like a fairly un-squashy compressor, though it can get some good squash going on, and also you get a tone control.

It's also a VCA Compressor. Don't know what that means, except it's like a pro-gear pro-attutide rack effect, while most pedlol compressors are either based on a type of IC chip or an light detecting resistors.

• Members

I have the Guyatone ST-2. Really cool for a 'traditional' compressor, can switch in 50% dry mix to keep the squash back.

I also have a Boss LM-2. Phil's dropped the science on me about what a 'Limiter' is but I can't remember it. Basically though, Boss LM-2 is like a fairly un-squashy compressor, though it can get some good squash going on, and also you get a tone control.

It's also a VCA Compressor. Don't know what that means, except it's like a pro-gear pro-attutide rack effect, while most pedlol compressors are either based on a type of IC chip or an light detecting resistors.

I have an LM-2 and use it for bass, awesome. the CS-2 is VCA as well, the CS-1 is opto

Archived