does the m9 have a DMM? if so, how close do they sound?

hangwire

• Members

It's impossible to say. There have been quite a few iterations of the DMM over the years and even between some of the older big box models there are subtle differences. I have a 90s era big box and the M9 came close enough to be a serviceable approximation but the DMM still reigns supreme in my book.

• Members

did they emulate the clipping in the m9, because that is a big reason I don't own a dmm anymore because of that overload light and the drive it had... i know many people like that, but not me

yeah my 90's RI did that , drove me nuts! My XO doesn't do it as easily.....if I roll the volume on the guitar (with humbuggies) to 9 it doesn't overload.

• Members

maybe i've never really spent enough time with the delays on my m9 but they've always fallen short for me.

I thought so too, but lately I have spent more time with just the delays on my M5. Some of them are pretty darn good, you have to tweak and save though. And sometimes like the modulation options, are a bit more fussy than I would like. Like the depth doesn't seem to do much, until you're 95% of the way turned up, and then it's too much. But by and large, some definite good delay sounds to be had.

Archived