Flashback x4 - New TC Electronic Delay

turnstylepoet

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient

View Post

The DL4 killer has finally arrived.... Seem's cool but at 249 euros, which is well over 300$, we'll see how well it actually does idn_smilie.gif

this. ive been waiting for basically a rehoused DL4 that doesnt look like a green pile of {censored}. but if the price is high, even if the sound quality is improved over the DL4, it will not be competitive.

give me this for $250-$300 and you got a buyer.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

this. ive been waiting for basically a rehoused DL4 that doesnt look like a green pile of {censored}. but if the price is high, even if the sound quality is improved over the DL4, it will not be competitive.

give me this for $250-$300 and you got a buyer.

Its 249 USD

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Just played one at a GC and it absolutley rocked. Not only did it sound great (like you would expect from TC) but it was built like a tank. How many DL4 footswitches have you replaced? Better sounds, built better, toneprint capable, same price as DL4. Winner!

• Members

Just a note on the switch reliability issue. This was brought up i the TGP flashback x4 thread and Tore from TC said the switches on the x4 are different than the ones on the other pedals and are replaceable. I really want to try the x4 out.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mind_Riot89

View Post

This is all well and good, but how does it stack up to the Vox DelayLab? That seems to have more functionality going for it, with adjustable modulation depth/rate, pitch-shifted delays and 30 presets. If the TC sounds better, however, that might swing my decision the other way.

Played it here at work against my Delaylab for about 2 hours. The Digital sounds were great, but the analog and tape voicings were really cheesy sounding. The Delaylab seemed to have a lot more richness to the repeats. It is really simple to dial in, but the fact that the Delaylab is way more versatile, seemed to sound much better and is 20 bucks cheaper....I'd say Delaylab wins in my book.

(also for those concerned on size the Delaylab is only 1/4" wider than the X4)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by OnWingsOfLead

View Post

Played it here at work against my Delaylab for about 2 hours. The Digital sounds were great, but the analog and tape voicings were really cheesy sounding. The Delaylab seemed to have a lot more richness to the repeats. It is really simple to dial in, but the fact that the Delaylab is way more versatile, seemed to sound much better and is 20 bucks cheaper....I'd say Delaylab wins in my book.

Intriguing... Thanks for the report, dude. Need to get my hands on a DelayLab ASAP.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Max Factor

View Post

so when's Line 6 going to drop a DL-4-X500 or some such. They've been overdue for some updates, love to know what they're thinking.

m9

came out a while ago

maybe you heard about it.

but why discontinue a product that is still profitable.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by OnWingsOfLead

View Post

I completely agree! Another thing I don't like about it is the lack of a tone knob. I really don't care for TCE delays, but love HOF reverb. Its defiantly not replacing my DD20. I may look into Vox. I need looper and love the way the pedal is layed out.

Archived