Whoever started this trend needs to be shot:

Loobs

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i think the two drummer thing is stupid too especially if they are drumming in Unison.

I agree. The times i've seen kylesa it seemed that the drummers were playing the exact same thing for the entire set. Maybe a different fill here and there or something, but nothing that special and hardly worth it. It seemed pretty pointless.

• Members

plenty of indie hipster bands do this. im sure radiohead was far from the first.

Not first, but they do have a history of spawning thousands of copycats with whatever they do. And I'm sure them doing it on their tours makes it more noticeable than an indie hipster band tour.

• Members

I agree. The times i've seen kylesa it seemed that the drummers were playing the exact same thing for the entire set. Maybe a different fill here and there or something, but nothing that special and hardly worth it. It seemed pretty pointless.

the ONLY band i like that did the two drummers thing was the Butthole Surfers & they were weren't doing it in Unison they were doing it kinda tribal, polyrhythmic thing & the ONLY band i like that does the Floor Tom thing is the Liars circa-Drums Not Dead. & that's it...

i think i saw Kylesa on Last Call w/ Carson Daly & i think i saw them do it i thought it was okay i guess i was kinda nonplussed.

Archived