a rare occasion where an amplifier lived up to the hype...

echodeluxe

• Members

Silly noob question, might as well ask it here instead of starting a new thread about it. I'm not really familiar with the PR, and I'm too lazy to google it...

It comes with a single 10" speaker, right? I don't suppose it could be replaced with a 12" one? Not enough space? Efficiency issues? Might not make a lot of sense, it's just that I've had a couple underwhelming experiences using pretty nice 10" amps with dirt pedals...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mmolteratx

View Post

Old Princetons are the bomb. I had a transitional model that was a Brownface in Blackface clothing that was epic.

Yup.

6G2reverbstack2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thom

View Post

Silly noob question, might as well ask it here instead of starting a new thread about it. I'm not really familiar with the PR, and I'm too lazy to google it...

It comes with a single 10" speaker, right? I don't suppose it could be replaced with a 12" one? Not enough space? Efficiency issues? Might not make a lot of sense, it's just that I've had a couple underwhelming experiences using pretty nice 10" amps with dirt pedals...

The 10" is perfect for that amp - sounds plenty big and helps to keep it tighter and more focused. If you want a PR with a 12", get one of these:

HMFalcon.jpg

You'll like it more than a PRRI anyway because its awesomer and it's BROWN.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe

View Post

today, i went to starving musician in berkeley. i played this:

1350686271010.jpg

a bone stock 1965 princeton reverb.

i was a skeptic. i used to think "yeah, this thing probably sounds good, but no way its as good as they say. i mean, come on its just an amp."

i was a fool. that amp sounded incredible. the reverb was deep and bouncy. it was full and loud and in all sorts of settings just sounded really great. i can only imagine how it sounds with a good overdrive or fuzz.

i played a avri jazzmaster into it. ugh i hate having expensive taste. daddy liek.

Yeah...I've had my eye on it for a while...but I figure I can get plenty of great sounding amps for the same money and without the problems. idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Yeah but if you ever need to unload it they are a major pain to flip on TGP.

Can I get some gut shots?

Can I get the transformer code?

Is it the original transformer?

by the way is the transformer original?

I know I asked twice already but is it the transformer that came with the amp when it was first made?

I'm sorry but unless you can prove it is the original transformer I'm simply not interested [actual quote]

Can you disassemble the entire amp and take pictures of each component?

Does the amp have X? Everyone knows the ones with X do not sound as good.

• Members

When it come to guitar amps, NOS tubes and transformers, I've always said , They got it right the first time around. Now we have to pay 2 to 3 grand on up for that same quality. Its still worth it. I love the sound of Telefunkens and Mullards EL84's And them RCA black plate beauties.

Archived