DOD FX 17.

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Science!

View Post

What does "more of a filter sound" mean?

I dont remember the exact way the circuit was set up but its not a typical wah with an inductor. Its more like a colorsound inductorless wah or zvex wah probe. Those circuits are less throaty and have less of a vowel sound when you sweep them. They are also less nasal on the high end. Its a subtle difference though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NITEFLY182

View Post

I dont remember the exact way the circuit was set up but its not a typical wah with an inductor. Its more like a colorsound inductorless wah or zvex wah probe. Those circuits are less throaty and have less of a vowel sound when you sweep them. They are also less nasal on the high end. Its a subtle difference though.

Yes. Quite a bit like the Wah Probe... which is one of the 3 wahs I like.

• Members

The FX17 is like a cheap version of the Chicago Iron Parachute Wah. It gets an insanely huge sweep if you tweak the trimpots right. I didn't like the heel switch very much though. Not because it was in the heel, but rather it was either too hard or too easy to activate. I had to remove the piece of rubber that turns the switch on and put a bit of duct tape there.

• Members

so spending a good chunk of the day playing and A/Bing with and without the fx-17 and playing with the trim pot I'm thinking this isn't the pedal for me. I may just have to suck it up and just get a regular sized volume pedal. the mission engineering one is looking promising. namely the vm-0

Archived