OT: I voted

jhamnett

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In California we have six candidates on the ballot for president. Allow most Americans believe they can really only choose between one of two Corporate candidates.

Jill Stein got my vote.

Did you notice Rosanne Barr was one of those six candidates? Talk about throwing your vote away...

Filled in an absentee ballot, was possibly going to be in DC for work today, but unfortunately it fell through. I imagine being in the mall will be a happening place tonight. Anyway, I got my "I Voted" sticker!

• Members

Did you notice Rosanne Barr was one of those six candidates? Talk about throwing your vote away...

Filled in an absentee ballot, was possibly going to be in DC for work today, but unfortunately it fell through. I imagine being in the mall will be a happening place tonight. Anyway, I got my "I Voted" sticker!

Roseanne is the Peace & Freedom party candidate, along with her running mate, Cindy Sheehan (remember her? camping out at Bush's ranch?). The Peace & Freedom party is an excellent liberal party. Roseanne is running on liberal values, she had wanted to be the Green Party nominee. I don't think voting for her is a waste. We've had former actors as governors and presidents. I wonder if she is considered less qualified because she's a woman. Reagan and Schwartznegger were bad leaders, but it was due to their politics rather than their backgrounds as actors.

• Members

As a UKer it is depressing to hear USers having to travel 5 hours to vote, and then wait to do it. In my entire adult life my polling station has never been more than a mile away (on average like 2 streets away). And I've never waited more than 5 minutes. And even then a lot of people here don't vote.

• Members

Another way of looking at "wasting" one's vote, is by voting for a Corporate Party candidate who does not share your values, rather than supporting a candidate who does share your values. But we are duped into believing that we should only vote for one of the two Corporate Party candidates, and continue to get the evil of two lessers.

• Members

Another way of looking at "wasting" one's vote, is by voting for a Corporate Party candidate who does not share your values, rather than supporting a candidate who does share your values. But we are duped into believing that we should only vote for one of the two Corporate Party candidates, and continue to get the evil of two lessers.

Have you heard about this thing called the electoral college?

• Members
That's another justification for short-term thinking, evil-of-two-lessers voting.

You say justification, I say fact. Do you seriously have any faith that the electoral college which is comprised of democrats and republicans will EVER consider a green/libertarian/P&F/place-hip-new-party-here candidate?

I voted for Nader, so I see where you're coming from LSD, maybe I'm just too jaded in my old age. :idk:

• Members

You say justification, I say fact. Do you seriously have any faith that the electoral college which is comprised of democrats and republicans will EVER consider a green/libertarian/P&F/place-hip-new-party-here candidate?

I voted for Nader, so I see where you're coming from LSD, maybe I'm just too jaded in my old age.
:idk:

Things will change when the people require them to change. Part of that is supporting real change agents, like Nader. Supporting status quo candidates will get us more of the same.

Archived