NGD (Les Paul Deluxe GT)

thom

• Members

Well...sortaicon_lol.gif It arrived at the customs yesterday, for all I know it might take weeks untill I finally get it in my hands. I'm usually iffy about buying sight unseen, especially when it involves a pricey guitar that's send to me half way across the world.

But this one was too good a deal to pass up on, even my lack of funds couldn't stop mewink.gif

LPDeluxe.jpg

It's about seven years old, not an actual vintage one. I missed the boat on a 70s LP Deluxe 5 years ago, back when they were all over ebay/CL for hardly more than what a new LP Standard costs. Read a lot of mixed reviews about the quality of the 70s Les Pauls anyway, so maybe it's for the best. Always lusted for this particular model, and as silly as it may seem to most folks, the faux binding on the new tributes are a deal breaker imofacepalm.gif

Time will tell if I'll be able to afford it, cause I don't have much left to sell to make up for this:s

CSBwave.gif

• Members

It's the stock Gibson mini humbuckers. I have a thing for mini hums, they're everything the sales pitch tell you they aresmile.gif

Beefy, loud and humm canceling, but with the typical single coil 'bite'. That's the best I can explain, I'm sure others may feel different about 'em though.

I even love the cheap GFS mini hums I've got in my other gibbo:

IMGP3319.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by frankthomson

View Post

id be dropping some p90s in that bitch....and riding her hard thumb.gif

Yeah I thought about that too. I'm gonna give leave the new goldtop stock for a while, and than I'll decide which of my two gibsons will get P90s, and which will keep the minihumssmile.gif

It arrived today actually, hardly had any time to try it out. Had to run didn't get further than a brief inspection, and some unplugged noodling. Great resonance, and good overal condition, that's all I can say so far. Oh, and the downsides, not totally surprising: It's heavy as a boat anchor, I'm not used to the Les Paul weight anymore:s Also, the neck is slightly fatter than what I usually prefer, but I might get used to it over time.

Archived