New Mesa Pedals - Evreything But The Price, Of Course

evets618

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by megaboogie View Post
Yes, given they are "mesa boogie" pedals, I was expecting to see bells and whistles built into the pedal. To my surpise they kept them simple, the cosmetic as well, I think they look pretty nice.
I am curious to see how they sound in person.
I'm curious why a guy with a username of megaboogie has only posted 1,158 times since March of 2001???

idn_smilie.gif

biggrin.gifsorry..just kidding.. wave.gif

Since I own 3 Mesa Boogie amps I can't imagine wanting a pedal to try to make my amps sound like a Mesa Boogie but that having been said - I love their amps and I'm a known gear slut so I'll probably buy a couple of them just because.. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by goaway

View Post

the only one of those thats remotely interesting to me is the clean boost. and thats just because im in the market for one. i'd much rather buy from EQD or Dr. Scientist.

Pick up a Dr. Sci Elements. You can use it as a clean boost (The Cleaness) and so much more and lots of options for EQ

Quote Originally Posted by Science! View Post
Yeah, I was expecting more switches and {censored}. frown.gif
icon_lol.gif

Yeah, they look fairly ordinary in a way, and not what I was expecting... still, while I've been disappointed a few times, I'm never willing to count Mesa out. They make / have made some very good amps, even if there have also been a few that were not really my thing. I'd certainly be willing to give their pedals a fair shake. After all, until we hear them, we have no idea whether they sound meh, or marvelous. idn_smilie.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee View Post
I'm curious why a guy with a username of megaboogie has only posted 1,158 times since March of 2001???

idn_smilie.gif

biggrin.gifsorry..just kidding.. wave.gif
I've taken a break from HC for years in between, and I also lost thousands of posts count back when we had a forum messup. I just like lurking nowadays.thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by megaboogie View Post
I've taken a break from HC for years in between, and I also lost thousands of posts count back when we had a forum messup. I just like lurking nowadays.thumb.gif
I remember that forum messup quite well. I screamed about my post count and got them back but that was one big cluster for certain. Alot of folks just left and never came back cry.gifmad.gif

And taking a break for years from this forum just speaks to your higher intelligence level than those of us who haven't. Rock on brother! cool.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by akapuli

View Post

+1 (and I'm a fan)

I have Boogie stuff. They seem to be obsessed with brittle single coil sounds. Those pedals sounded like that basic circuit with different values per box. The Throttle box would be the hi gain counterpart w/ the V graphic. Like somebody said, gotta try 'em.

Archived