***Cancer Fundraiser: Big News!!***

Hiwatt Bob

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Bob, I just donated $100. Please do with the tickets as you guys wish. I hereby donate them back.
:wave:

I saw that--you really didn't need to do that given what you're going through. You're a very generous person...highest of rollas...to be helping these other families.

Care if we offer up the tickets as a ticket match, basically a 2 for 1 offer (using your tickets) to attract more donations?

• Members

Care if we offer up the tickets as a ticket match, basically a 2 for 1 offer (using your tickets) to attract more donations?

If you feel that would be the best use of them, then by all means.
:wave:

I'll go ahead and do that then--we can let them sit unused (which helps other people's odds of winning), but that doesn't help raise anymore money. hopefully someone will up the ante if they're getting a 2for1.

• Members

OK Guys--

the Man in Charge (aka Phil) has donated $100 to the fundraiser. but he already has enough pedals--so he's generously donating back his tickets to the raffle. that means he'll be matching his tickets with any new donations starting NOW until they're all used up. that means when you donate, you'll be getting 2 tickets for the price of 1!!

thank you Phil!!

update: we're at $2791. if we can get to $3K, an anonymous donor will be offering up his Klon KTR to the prize pool. there's only about 36 hrs left--so c'mon people, let's get movin'!!

• Members

oh bob. you've really outdone yourself this time :love: i have no idea how you're going to keep track of all this 2 for 1 stuff and then the raffle itself, i don't envy you and it will likely result in a disaster and hte forum imploding over who gets the ktr or the v3 fuzz, but the contributions will be in by then at least.

best of luck bro, i'll probably pitch some more into the pot tomorrow if the 2 for 1 is still on

• Members

By my count--between Phil's and Krystoban's 2for1's--there are 57 tickets available.

Since it was announced--the following donations occured and will be recieving the following ticket matches:

sh333 5 tix

Pewt 5 tix

PK 5 tix

Succor 10 tix

marthaKH 20 tix

live-i-evil 5 tix

caeman 5 tix

total: 55

so there are 2 tickets left in the 2 for 1 match. HUGE thanks to both Phil and Krystobahn for their ticket donations--i think it really helped to generate this last minute flurry of donations!!

and we are also over the $3K mark--so that means a Klon KTR has been added to the prize list coutesy of a very generous anonymous donor!

• Members

Update:

After the raffle deadline closes tomorrow at noon central time--I'm going to post a summarized list of the donors including total $'s donated and raffle tix issued (including 2for1 bonus tix). Please review that list when it's posted to make sure I haven't missed anything. My plan is to do the raffle at some point on Sunday--so that should give people at least a day to review the list.

I will be using that list to generate the new spreadsheet with the actual raffle entry rows (tickets). And I took the Gorilla guy's advice about just using Excel's internal random number generator, seems to work--and it's all contained on that sheet so it will be easy to film the results. For transparency and accountability--I can email the Excel file containing both spreadsheets to anyone who'd like to see it (in case anybody dare's to doubt my infallible credibility).

Just trying to do everything i can to avoid any bHz...there will always be bHz, just trying to minimize it as much as possible.

And in the interest of soothing bHz, i need to clarify in advance: any anonymous donations were not issued tix. and some donations came in at odd amounts like $22.22, $30.96, $98, $119, etc. In those cases i pretty much rounded up/down (generally only rounded up if it was within $2). I'm sure someone's going to bitch that $119 shouldn't get $120 worth of tix--but as the self-appointed grand poobah of this raffle, i'm making the exec decision, because it's easier for me to work with. Please do not make a new donations testing this--please make round number donations in $10 multiples.

and yes--forgot to update the Klon.

• Members
Update:

After the raffle deadline closes tomorrow at noon central time--I'm going to post a summarized list of the donors including total $'s donated and raffle tix issued (including 2for1 bonus tix). Please review that list when it's posted to make sure I haven't missed anything. My plan is to do the raffle at some point on Sunday--so that should give people at least a day to review the list.

I will be using that list to generate the new spreadsheet with the actual raffle entry rows (tickets). And I took the Gorilla guy's advice about just using Excel's internal random number generator, seems to work--and it's all contained on that sheet so it will be easy to film the results. For transparency and accountability--I can email the Excel file containing both spreadsheets to anyone who'd like to see it (in case anybody dare's to doubt my infallible credibility).

Just trying to do everything i can to avoid any bHz...there will always be bHz, just trying to minimize it as much as possible.

And in the interest of soothing bHz, i need to clarify in advance: any anonymous donations were not issued tix. and some donations came in at odd amounts like $22.22, $30.96, $98, $119, etc. In those cases i pretty much rounded up/down (generally only rounded up if it was within $2). I'm sure someone's going to bitch that $119 shouldn't get $120 worth of tix--but as the self-appointed grand poobah of this raffle, i'm making the exec decision, because it's easier for me to work with.
Please do not make a new donations testing this--please make round number donations in $10 multiples

and yes--forgot to update the Klon.

:idea:

Archived