***Cancer Fundraiser: Big News!!***

Hiwatt Bob

• Members

what program are you using for the random number generator?

There's a lot of them online. You just type in a start and end number and it keeps spitting out random numbers within that range. I'll be "deleting" winning rows after each win, so if The same number comes up twice it, I'll draw a new number.

Chris--basically I'm just going to make up a spreadsheet with corresponding row numbers for each "ticket". So if you bought 5 tix, you get your name on 5 rows. Then I'll use a random number generator to pick the winning row number. I'm going to film it all and post it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's a lot of them online. You just type in a start and end number and it keeps spitting out random numbers within that range. I'll be "deleting" winning rows after each win, so if The same number comes up twice it, I'll draw a new number.

Chris--basically I'm just going to make up a spreadsheet with corresponding row numbers for each "ticket". So if you bought 5 tix, you get your name on 5 rows. Then I'll use a random number generator to pick the winning row number. I'm going to film it all and post it.

If you're doing the spreadsheet in excel, you can just type =RANDBETWEEN(1,(put the highest row number here)) and it'll generate a random number right in the spreadsheet.

Also, kudos to everyone taking part in this, lost a few family members to cancer. Would donate, but broke student blahblahblah.

• Members

I was wondering because how exactly are you going to subtract the drawn numbers from the pool? Most number gens want you to input a min and max value, none that I have seen let you omit numbers.

• Members

Im not looking for a prize my friends. what I'm getting at is I have 41 tickets to add back to the mix. So we can do something like match ticket for ticket until we meet or exceed or goal, or something cooler. you tell me....

i like your style dude...

• Members

If you're doing the spreadsheet in excel, you can just type =RANDBETWEEN(1,(put the highest row number here)) and it'll generate a random number right in the spreadsheet.

Also, kudos to everyone taking part in this, lost a few family members to cancer. Would donate, but broke student blahblahblah.

Ok, I can try that!

• Members

hell no dude. i said i was willing to throw that back into the mix. no executive decision. How far away is the goal?

These are your tickets--just tell me what you want to do with them. Sounded like you wanted to match your tickets in an effort to generate new donations. Now it sounds like you'd rather just donate the money and just not put you down for any tickets?

Greatly appreciate what you're doing, just let me know what you want to do.

• Members

sorry brother, not my intent to quarrel. i am giving up my tickets for this but i just don't like decisions made for me. So I have 41 tickets to spend, how far away are we from our goal?

We are $339 away from $3k--at which point a Klon KTR will be donated. But honestly, the goal is as much as we can get.

• Members

Hey HCFX I am someone who lurks far more than I post. Honestly, I come here everyday and just read whatever everyone else posts but never contribute to the conversation. This place provides me with my laughs and cries and lately many times where i just want to scratch my head and ask myself "what the {censored}"? But the moral of the story is, if and when the time comes, there is no better place to give back than to the people here.

• Members

Hey HCFX I am someone who lurks far more than I post. Honestly, I come here everyday and just read whatever everyone else posts but never contribute to the conversation. This place provides me with my laughs and cries and lately many times where i just want to scratch my head and ask myself "what the {censored}"? But the moral of the story is, if and when the time comes, there is no better place to give back than to the people here.

i deleted the 2for1 posts--just because some donations have come in since i posted them. i'll personally contribute my tickets to those people if need be, since they may have contributed thinking they were getting a 2for1. i guess that's a lesson learned for me not to make exec orders.

whatever you want to do with your tickets is fine. until i hear differently, i'll be entering your name in the raffle for 41 tickets.

• Members
started a new thread--in case people thought the other thread was a HM troll thread.

***Ok, Here's the deal***

go to this page:

This charity raffle is going to be supporting curing childhood cancer--since Phil respectfully requested that it be donated to another org. Couldn't find American Cancer Society on this site--so i went with the Kids.

Here are the rules:

Donate at the site, and display your user name--make sure you don't check the box that hides your name.

For every $10 donation, you'll recieve 1 raffle entry.

For every $20 donation, you'll recieve 3 raffle entries.

For every $30 donation, you'll recieve 5 raffle entries.

Deadline to contribute for raffle entry will be December 1st, 2012 at noon. Raffle drawing will be done shortly after--we'll have to find a neutral party to do the drawing, maybe Phil if he's not too busy fighting spammers.

Prizes:

Diamond Memory Lane Jr. (donated by Juri)

Haunting Mids v3 Fuzz (donated by Hiwatt Bob)

One-of-a-kind SuperRat titled the "Murinae" (built and donated by Hotmess)

BJFE Sea Blue EQ clone (built and donated by Cryptosonic)

EAD pedal (built and donated by WeStartToDrift)

Shoe brand pedal (built and donated by V)

Red Panda Context reverb pedal (donated by RedPandaCurt)

Danelectro Black Licorice Octave Dist (new in box, donated by Aedes)

Used Boss Flanger BF-2 (donated by Macadood)

FreekishBlues Red Dot pedal (donated by FreekishBlues)

Used Boss DD-20 Delay (donated by Riffy)

Used Guyatone ST-2 Compressor (donated by Caeman)

Used Ibanez LoFi (donated by Texas Noise Factory)

RoboPimp'd Color Sound Overdriver (donated by Mmolteratx)

Used Mooer Trelicopter (donated by Starmansam)

$25 Best Buy gift card (donated by Beasleyboy)

Please pm me if you'd like to donate something to the raffle.

Archived