***Cancer Fundraiser: Big News!!***

Hiwatt Bob

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I will just go down the prize list. If your ticket wins, you get that prize and the winning ticket gets removed (so you can't win multiple times with a single ticket).

Your way is probably more ideal--and would work if we were all sitting in a room together with the prizes and someone could walk up and pick it. but i'd now have to wait until someone decides and gets back to me with the prize they wanted before i could give the next person their choice.

yea, i think the way you're doing it is more than fine.

• Members

{censored} i want taht freekish red dawt!

also bob i'd like to say if we get to $3k by the deadline i'll donate another surprise pedal :eek:

lastly, say you have 5 raffle tickets entered, is it theoretically then possible for 1 person to win 5 prizes? or can an individual only win 1, or be limited to like 2 or 3 or something. the odds of that are pretty small i know, but still possible. and will you be recording this on video or something so that we know its fair or just have to honor your word for it?

• Members

{censored} i want taht freekish red dawt!

also bob i'd like to say if we get to $3k by the deadline i'll donate another surprise pedal
:eek:

lastly, say you have 5 raffle tickets entered, is it theoretically then possible for 1 person to win 5 prizes? or can an individual only win 1, or be limited to like 2 or 3 or something. the odds of that are pretty small i know, but still possible. and will you be recording this on video or something so that we know its fair or just have to honor your word for it?

yep, this encourages people to buy more tickets--but, if you buy 5 tickets and win 5 prizes...you really need to move to vegas.

yes, i will be recording everything and posting the vid on youtube (like Phil did with BTOB)--so that its well documented who the winner is and that the drawing (random number generator) was done fairly.

• Members

Mathematically--it's all the same odds. You have the same probability of winning whether your numbers are together in a group or spread out randomly. In real life raffles--you'd probably get a strip of sequentially numbered tickets. but when they go in the tumbler deal, you're odds are the same, the number on the ticket is really irrelevant.

• Members

Some generous contributions have come in from Olle, hotmess (who already donated a pedal), pelliot (his 2nd donation, and ARC Effects!!! Thanks a ton guys!

we're still $629 off the $3K mark (for the Klon KTR).

DEADLINE IS COMING UP FAST--LESS THAN 48 HRS. GET YOUR DONATIONS IN BREAUXS!!!!

• Members

Hey bob do you have a webcam to do it live?

i do--but honestly i have no idea how i'd save that as a file to be posted later. i think recording a "one take" vid showing the results--and putting it on youtube is fine. plus, i am a busy dude--so i'm likely going to have to do this late so i'm not sure who would be watching.

• Members

i do--but honestly i have no idea how i'd save that as a file to be posted later. i think recording a "one take" vid showing the results--and putting it on youtube is fine. plus, i am a busy dude--so i'm likely going to have to do this late so i'm not sure who would be watching.

you can do live youtube broadcasts.

• Members
hey all, as a constant lurker the past few years I know I don't ever contribute to any of the conversations so I figured I'd give back in other ways. enjoy. ----chris

Just so all ya'll know--Chris is the highest of high rollers right now. like TRUMP level high roller. thanks a ton Chris!! very much appreciated!! also, you should post moar. :love:

we now only have $379 left to get to the $3K klon mark--c'mon guys, we can do it!!

• Members

Just so all ya'll know--Chris is the highest of high rollers right now. like TRUMP level high roller. thanks a ton Chris!! very much appreciated!! also, you should post moar.
:love:

we now only have $379 left to get to the $3K klon mark--c'mon guys, we can do it!!

what program are you using for the random number generator?

Archived