Show me your Les Paul's!

delayed delay

• Members

So I'm really freaking excited... I'm finally getting a guitar I've always wanted, and I didn't take any shortcuts; I actually bought a Gibson Les Paul Standard, instead of trying to have someone else build me a copy, or buy an off brand LP copy... Cost me almost $2K, but I actually know what I'm getting here - a fantastic instrument that'll last a lifetime.

So show me your Les Paul pron!

And I realize this is by and large a tele/strat forum (love my ASAT), but I know there are quite a few LP players here as well.... poke.gif

Here's the one I've got coming:
LPNSTDLEBCH-xlarge.jpg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

haha, delayed delay, scrolling down on your guitar is like when droopy loses a contest to that bull dog and the curtain is going up and the bulldog is all hootin and hollerin, then they get to her face and she's a real dog. iow, lefty guitars look weird.

i dont' know if that post made sense to anyone.

6:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zuPjhLHHFo

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk View Post
haha, delayed delay, scrolling down on your guitar is like when droopy loses a contest to that bull dog and the curtain is going up and the bulldog is all hootin and hollerin, then they get to her face and she's a real dog. iow, lefty guitars look weird.

i dont' know if that post made sense to anyone.
Makes sense to me

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Texas Noise Factory View Post
Nice!

Here's a crappy pic of my Les Paul GEM. I broke the neck on it a while back, and still need to get it fixed. It's hard for me to admit, really... Only guitar I've ever broken.

I'm scared to have any old guy repair it, and have since moved to Dallas. Eventually, I will get it fixed. I miss playing it.

Emerald%20LP%20small.jpg
Mine up there has a neck repair dude. It's worth it. My best buddy borrowed it and it took a headstock dive off of the strap and got crack that ran from the nut to the halfway point of the neck. Don't worry, she'll be up and running like old times.

Mine sat in a case for years until I found this guy http://www.brokenneck.com/

• Members

I want a Traditional (Pro) at some point soon, but for now my Epi Tribute '10 will suffice. Especially since it has all Gibson parts, long neck tenon, split coil '57s in it, everything but a nitro finish.

I'm going to change the knobs to some gold speed or tophat knobs, and add a pickguard to match the pickup surrounds.

IMG_1484.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by blueboxer View Post
Mine up there has a neck repair dude. It's worth it. My best buddy borrowed it and it took a headstock dive off of the strap and got crack that ran from the nut to the halfway point of the neck. Don't worry, she'll be up and running like old times.

Mine sat in a case for years until I found this guy http://www.brokenneck.com/
That sounds EXACTLY like what I've got. Just would prefer to find someone at least regionally close to me. You are lucky o have found someone so close!

• Members

That sounds EXACTLY like what I've got. Just would prefer to find someone at least regionally close to me. You are lucky o have found someone so close!

Yeah dude. I would hold out until you find the right guy. Mine came out great and it sat there forever. There's gotta be someone in Texas that does pro neck repairs on Gibsons!

• Members

Yeah dude. I would hold out until you find the right guy. Mine came out great and it sat there forever. There's gotta be someone in Texas that does pro neck repairs on Gibsons!

Definitely gives me hope! The only problem with it that I think will make it more difficult is that it's actually trans green. I bet it's gonna be difficult to match it. :/

Proof%20of%20Authenticity.jpg

• Members

I want a Traditional (Pro) at some point soon, but for now my Epi Tribute '10 will suffice. Especially since it has all Gibson parts, long neck tenon, split coil '57s in it, everything but a nitro finish.

I'm going to change the knobs to some gold speed or tophat knobs, and add a pickguard to match the pickup surrounds.

IMG_1484.jpg

I didn't know yours was a plain top... I thought those black tributes came with a flame top.

Anyways, I really like how that looks.

Archived