Thinking of getting a Rat pedal... does any pedal out-rat a rat?

justcrash

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by justcrash View Post
I am running a JCM 800 2204 on stage, and the analog man modded TS9 isn't cutting it for what we are doing. Everything I've read on the Rat sounds like it would help me out a lot. A few questions:

Does anyone make one to original specs or is the Pro-co Rat 2 the only one on the market? Should I use it as a boost or crank the gain down more on the Marshall and use the pedal for my dirt?

Sorry if these are dumb questions. Heck, I'd probably trade my Banzai Cold Fusion for one if I could find someone willing to do it.

I appreciate your help in advance, good people! cool.gif
Sup Bro! wave.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by steelerboy329 View Post
Sorry you feel that way, but I just happen to really like his products (no affiliation). I tend to favor threads regarding muffs as that is what I know most about. Not to mention those are what I have had experience with. Besides SUF I am also a big fan of Analogman.
I'm pretty keen on rats and muffs too :-) (jus thought it was a little sues for an account that doesn't post much.. Usually someone with a selling agenda trying to spam up the place.

I'm on the list (10-14) weeks away from the "Skinner Box" I'm super keen, I already run two keeley rats on my board.

Keep an eye out for the new Arc Effects Green Muff. I gots a proto and its a must have!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by stevemcb View Post
If you don't want to spend too much, do yourself a favour and get a Mooer Black Secret, $44 to your door from marcmart with mooer132 code (still working as of this morning, thanks ren!).

Sounds better than my Rat2 and better than I remember my now busted 91 big box RI. And a switch which turns it into a Turbo Rat.
love my black secret. great little pedal. and cheap.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74 View Post
So if I like regular Coke waaaaay better than Pepsi but prefer diet Pepsi to diet Coke, what overdrive should I use?
I think we should begin to list our cola preferences now:

1. Mexican Coke - yep, it's the king of colas. Sugar and glass perform sodomy on all contenders.

2. Diet Pepsi - It's clean and light and mixes nicely with rum. Not bad after mowing the lawn in August. The light beer of colas.

3. Pepsi Throwback - For {censored}s sake just make this a product. Mountain Dew Throwback as well. {censored}.

Archived