Pantera

christianatl

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

God you guys suck at life. Thinking you are too cool for everything sure must suck. Starting this thread today shows an extra level of classlessness I didn't quite think was possible but I guess when your life is an abysmal suck fest there are no bounds.

• Members

God you guys suck at life. Thinking you are too cool for everything sure must suck. Starting this thread today shows an extra level of classlessness I didn't quite think was possible but I guess when your life is an abysmal suck fest there is no bounds.

It would appear that Christian started this thread specifically to hurt the feelings of HCAF which have been in here today, though that's just my speculation. You clearly took his bait and are feeling the bHz though.

• Members

God you guys suck at life. Thinking you are too cool for everything sure must suck. Starting this thread today shows an extra level of classlessness I didn't quite think was possible but I guess when your life is an abysmal suck fest there are no bounds.

Trolled soooo hard

• Members

Such a weird band. They started as a glam band with eyeliner and the whole 9 yards, then about 10 years after Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax and Sepultura established speed/thrash here comes Pantera. Their image of being the hardest of hardcore mixed with redneck and so against "trends" (naming an album trendkill!) was a complete 180.

A decade late and a lol-worthy image. Was not a fan. But I do like a few songs off their first non-glam album (Cemetery Gates, Cowboys, Sledge) and who doesn't like Walk when they are in the mood. I thought the opening riff from revolution is my name was pretty badass too - too bad the song as a whole doesn't keep the momentum.

Down has a couple of decent tunes as well.

• Members

I cant get into down. My intro to pantera was them opening for exodus and suicidal at the boston channel. We made fun of them the whole drive over from springfield. Whats a pantera? I think it was a car. Who names thier band after a car? Stupid. Then they played.
{censored} the {censored} yeah.
great show.
I've moved on musically speaking but they could crush earholes back in the day.

• Members

never boughgt an album, yet endulged cowboys for months framin' this school in richmond, i dug it, i heard lots of pickers say he was compairable to randy rhoads, i didn'y here it yet perhaps that one recording wasn't enough...Sad the way they pushed dude up in his business, and, even though 1 must assume Dime could have put tri-dust leadx3 in kunt, surprise attack killed him in a dream...

• Members

Here's my objective opinion on Pantera. Riffs were mostly awesome. Dime's solos were mostly tasteless. Phil takes himself a little too seriously. All of that taken into account they were one of the more original bands of that period and made some pretty incredible strides for heavy music in general.

As far as Down is concerned, NOLA and that's it.

• Members

never boughgt an album, yet endulged cowboys for months framin' this school in richmond, i dug it, i heard lots of pickers say he was compairable to randy rhoads, i didn'y here it yet perhaps that one recording wasn't enough...Sad the way they pushed dude up in his business, and, even though 1 must assume Dime could have put tri-dust leadx3 in kunt, surprise attack killed him in a dream...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW5zPy73gWk&sns=em?

Pantera's awesome if you can live with the slightly cheesy incredibly hate&violence thing.

Best workout music ever.

Archived