Cheap crazy fuzz pedal?

mike.sartori

• Members

Hi everyone. I've been mostly absent from this forum since I got my board squared away a couple years ago, but I was hoping some of you more up to date folks could help me out. One of my good friends is turning 30 next week, and on top of the huge party being planned for him, I'd like to get him a little memento in pedal form.

What's a good crazy pedal less than $100? Fuzz is pretty much up his alley, but I'd take any suggestions for something that's unique and fun to fool around with. Thanks for helping me out!thumb.gif

• Members

Every pricey booteek pedal that qualtifies as "crazy fuzz" can be found in a cheap clone/chinese version if you look hard enough.

If you ignore the jacked up ebay prices, you might be able to find a zoom UF-1 under $100 if you look around.

Also, who ever suggested the FZ-2: Good call. It's the cheapest decent superfuzz-esque pedal out there that has a couple extra tricks up it's sleeve.
Still, not very 'musical' with chords. It's actually downright nasty, not necessarily in a good way, it totally depends on your buddy's style and taste.

The fuzz factory has been already been mensioned too. A vexter version shouldn't be impossible to find under $100. Unless I'm wrong about that, that should be on the top of your wish list. It's a modern classic for a reason. It's not for everyone though, but ANY fuzz noob should definatelly try one out.
Another one that comes to mind that's in the same league, though in a totally different ball park: Wolf Computer. As crazy as they come. It can go from glitchy fuzz to velcro sounds to shynty motorboat noises...And there's few enough of em around to call it 'unique'smile.gif

I wouldn't call any of the muffs that were mensioned particularly unique or crazy or 'fun to fool around'. I'd totally go with a heavily modded/hot rodded fuzz face or tone bender type of cricuit.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by homestar_kevin View Post
Used Swollen Pickle
Used Fuzz factory
Big muff with tone wicker or bass muff
MXR blue box
Boss fz-2

are you looking for like a glitchy, crazy fuzz, or just a great all around one? Does the dude have any pedals already?

EDIT: Also, it's awesome seeing you pop your head in Mike, how have you been man? wave.gifwave.gif
He's already got a fuzz factory. He sold most of the rest of his stuff recently and replaced it with a Bogner ecstasy red pedal, and that TC delay with 4 stomp switches.
I;m thinking maybe I should look for a blue box though, since I borrowed his and lost it like 5 years ago . . . .

on a side note; I'm doing good. Mostly I'm in the recording forums these days, that's become my new obsession. I have a pretty nice studio setup, planning to open up for business in the near future.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by mike.sartori View Post
He's already got a fuzz factory. He sold most of the rest of his stuff recently and replaced it with a Bogner ecstasy red pedal, and that TC delay with 4 stomp switches.
I;m thinking maybe I should look for a blue box though, since I borrowed his and lost it like 5 years ago . . . .

on a side note; I'm doing good. Mostly I'm in the recording forums these days, that's become my new obsession. I have a pretty nice studio setup, planning to open up for business in the near future.
he sounds really tgp'd idn_smilie.gif

Archived