Pedal with two Sphinxes on it... what is?

ben_allison

• Members

Dude, i ordered the pharaoh because of that demo and the high praise it receives here and i am not disappointed! It handles everything i throw at it! it does low gain beautifully as well as high gain stoner/doom stuff, i can stack it with my OCD and get a amazing gilmour-esque lead tone love.gif Best 150 i ever spent

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by christianatl View Post
Where have you been, dude?
seriously. this has been hcfx's favoritest and most hyped fuzz pedal in the last year and a bit eek.gif

i had one, its quite versatile and nice. however at least mine emphasized the low end way too much, pretty much on any tone setting combination - had to use an eq together with it and then it was killer. and thats while playing a bright strat into a bright fender amp too! so had to give it up, but other than that i quite liked it

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by christianatl View Post
Yeah, the board is nuts about it. I'm going to wait until the fervor dies down before I try it.
Because he's all cool and shit. J/K

I mean really, it's been years now. I think it's like saying I'll wait until the Klon fervor dies down before trying one.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

i had one, its quite versatile and nice. however at least mine emphasized the low end way too much, pretty much on any tone setting combination - had to use an eq together with it and then it was killer. and thats while playing a bright strat into a bright fender amp too! so had to give it up, but other than that i quite liked it

Read that quite a bit, which is the only thing holding me back from trying a Pharaoh. It's hard to dial back the low-end on the Swollen Pickle too, even though the toanz are epic. I'm curious to check out a Hoof for that reason.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo Negro

View Post

Read that quite a bit, which is the only thing holding me back from trying a Pharaoh. It's hard to dial back the low-end on the Swollen Pickle too, even though the toanz are epic. I'm curious to check out a Hoof for that reason.

EQ. Get your amp tone right to begin with?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by christianatl

View Post

Yeah, the board is nuts about it. I'm going to wait until the fervor dies down before I try it.

This logic is baffling. Why u care about HCFX fervor when it comes to trying a pedal out? Just try stuff, block out HCFX opinion/trends/cool factor entirely during, then use your earholes to make such decisions? Simple as that.

Archived