That tele... that moog... bang bang (isolated beatles)

goodhonk

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk View Post
phil, this might interest you @ 1:31 on.
Indeed - thank you. Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

To me, the surprise there is that they have the second tubular bell layered with the piano track. I always assumed both (and there are clearly two - you can hear some hits flam on the album) were layered on the same track as the guitar. And it's that Leslie'd guitar and main tubular bell track that really get to me, although the extra bell plus the piano are certainly supportive and definitely contribute to the overall composite sound - especially on the downbeats.

oof. this is the guitar sound i've always liked... until heard in isolation.
Which is why it can be so misleading to try to compress or especially EQ in isolation - whether a sound is good or bad really is all just a matter of context... smile.gif

phil, this might interest you @ 1:31 on.
Indeed - thank you. Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

To me, the surprise there is that they have the second tubular bell layered with the piano track. I always assumed both (and there are clearly two - you can hear some hits flam on the album) were layered on the same track as the guitar. And it's that Leslie'd guitar and main tubular bell track that really get to me, although the extra bell plus the piano are certainly supportive and definitely contribute to the overall composite sound - especially on the downbeats.

oof. this is the guitar sound i've always liked... until heard in isolation.
Which is why it can be so misleading to try to compress or especially EQ in isolation - whether a sound is good or bad really is all just a matter of context... smile.gif

Archived