Favorite effects?

Lonnie99

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love my catalinbread SFT, and to a slightly lesser extent my naga viper (altough every guitar plyer should own a naga viper) and my montavillian echo.

I guess i'm a huge c-bread fanboy.

I also love my black russian muff, my whetstone phaser, my hardwire dl-8 for its amazing versatility, and the HOG for how crazy awesome it is all the damn time

• Members

I love my catalinbread SFT, and to a slightly lesser extent my naga viper (altough every guitar plyer should own a naga viper) and my montavillian echo.

I guess i'm a huge c-bread fanboy.

I also love my black russian muff, my whetstone phaser, my hardwire dl-8 for its amazing versatility, and the HOG for how crazy awesome it is all the damn time

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by iamthearm

View Post

i'm pretty meat and potatoes about my pedals. good OD, Fuzz, Comp, Delay, Trem, and Verb. I don't use much else.

Meat. Potatoes. Two.

OD. Fuzz. Comp. Delay. Trem. Verb. "Much else". More than two.

facepalm.gif

Meat and potatoes = amp reverb w/ switch + od pedal. Anything more and you're in John Mayer territory as far as I'm concerned.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by iamthearm

View Post

i'm pretty meat and potatoes about my pedals. good OD, Fuzz, Comp, Delay, Trem, and Verb. I don't use much else.

Meat. Potatoes. Two.

facepalm.gif

Meat and potatoes = amp reverb w/ switch + od pedal. Anything more and you're in John Mayer territory as far as I'm concerned.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by fetch

View Post

Meat. Potatoes. Two.

facepalm.gif

Compared to most pedalboards here, his layout is rather basic.

• Members

View Post

Meat. Potatoes. Two.

facepalm.gif

Compared to most pedalboards here, his layout is rather basic.

• Members

I am a big fuzz fan, obviously. My board tends to consist of a whammy V, about four or five fuzz pedals, an overdrive or two, three delays in various locations, a mobius for modulation and then some reverb at the end. Not in that order, really, just a general list.

As for specific favorite effects, I love all of the Strymon delays. I am also fond of the Echorec and Hardwire Delay. I love the Mobius and I also love IC-based Big Muff Clones. Most of the dirt pedals i use are ones I make/made so I can't really say I'm not biased there, but outside of those I love my Arc Effects Buzzaround clone, a Germanium Ram's head muff someone made, and, surprisingly, the MXR bass DI+ makes a pretty great guitar distortion/overdrive as well as a really handy DI box for recording bass or guitar.

• Members

I am a big fuzz fan, obviously. My board tends to consist of a whammy V, about four or five fuzz pedals, an overdrive or two, three delays in various locations, a mobius for modulation and then some reverb at the end. Not in that order, really, just a general list.

As for specific favorite effects, I love all of the Strymon delays. I am also fond of the Echorec and Hardwire Delay. I love the Mobius and I also love IC-based Big Muff Clones. Most of the dirt pedals i use are ones I make/made so I can't really say I'm not biased there, but outside of those I love my Arc Effects Buzzaround clone, a Germanium Ram's head muff someone made, and, surprisingly, the MXR bass DI+ makes a pretty great guitar distortion/overdrive as well as a really handy DI box for recording bass or guitar.

• Members

View Post

Meat. Potatoes. Two.

facepalm.gif

I don't really see the connection between John Mayer and effects heavy playing...he's got a pretty average sized effects setup.

• Members

View Post

Meat. Potatoes. Two.

facepalm.gif

I don't really see the connection between John Mayer and effects heavy playing...he's got a pretty average sized effects setup.

• Members

View Post

Meat. Potatoes. Two.

facepalm.gif

Acoustic and microphone...anything more and you're in John Mayer territory as far as I'm concerned.

• Members

View Post

Meat. Potatoes. Two.

facepalm.gif

Acoustic and microphone...anything more and you're in John Mayer territory as far as I'm concerned.

• Members

I can easily get by with just my amp's dirt, no peds. Fuzz and delay are a helluva lot of fun though, can't have enough of 'emsmile.gif

I'm not counting 'tools' btw, like a tuner, volume pedal, compressor. Actually, my compressor is pretty much on all the time, and in a rather squishy setting.

• Members

I can easily get by with just my amp's dirt, no peds. Fuzz and delay are a helluva lot of fun though, can't have enough of 'emsmile.gif

I'm not counting 'tools' btw, like a tuner, volume pedal, compressor. Actually, my compressor is pretty much on all the time, and in a rather squishy setting.

• Members

I've gotten to a point were I've been using the same set-up on my pedalboard for over a year. And most of those pedals I been using from 3 to 10 years. I try other pedals but I tend to come back to a rig that looks something like this. (The Line 6 M9 gets moved down to the side when I'm playing, I just boxed it up there for the pic):

2012Dec21_0693_zps4c0c4556.jpg

My M.I. Audio Blues Pro is a tube screamer type overdrive, much more transparent than an Ibanez TS-9 yet more powerful. The purple box is a really old beat up MJM Foxey Fuzz, the Boss DS-1 is a Keeley modded SEM, it's not a stock DS-1, much more gain and much better tone on it, the little aqua colored box is a Cusack More Louder (the newest box on there, but it comes in handy at bar gigs). Yes I use two multi-effects units. It's kind of a workingman's Gilmoure/The Edge kind of set-up. I can get lot's of atmospheric stuff with this or just get a regular classic rock sound.

• Members

I've gotten to a point were I've been using the same set-up on my pedalboard for over a year. And most of those pedals I been using from 3 to 10 years. I try other pedals but I tend to come back to a rig that looks something like this. (The Line 6 M9 gets moved down to the side when I'm playing, I just boxed it up there for the pic):

2012Dec21_0693_zps4c0c4556.jpg

My M.I. Audio Blues Pro is a tube screamer type overdrive, much more transparent than an Ibanez TS-9 yet more powerful. The purple box is a really old beat up MJM Foxey Fuzz, the Boss DS-1 is a Keeley modded SEM, it's not a stock DS-1, much more gain and much better tone on it, the little aqua colored box is a Cusack More Louder (the newest box on there, but it comes in handy at bar gigs). Yes I use two multi-effects units. It's kind of a workingman's Gilmoure/The Edge kind of set-up. I can get lot's of atmospheric stuff with this or just get a regular classic rock sound.

• Members

View Post

Meat. Potatoes. Two.

facepalm.gif

CONTROVERSY

i find that they're standard effects used pretty universally. no flange, phase, vibe, pitch shifting, bit crushers... hell i don't even own a wah. i do have an m9 on my board but it reads comp, trem, reverb pretty much all the time.

Archived