I could use an assistant or two... (co-moderator candidates)

Phil O'Keefe

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

NetStar, TheGareth or melx would all be good choices I reckon - they've all got their heads screwed on and I believe would be fair candidates.

Obviously it's got to be someone from the UK for a couple of reasons. Firstly the differences in timezone will make sense because when one mod sleeps another can continue to crack the whip, and secondly because if someone from the UK wasn't chosen it would be blatant nationalistic favouritism and I for one would cry racism! :)

• Members

I love how several people who've been nominated/nominated themselves for the mod assistant position consider themselves to be good nominees, yet they don't know how to practice tolerance, respect and civility.

As per Phil: Let's all please try to show a bit more tolerance towards others, and put a bit of thought into how our words may effect other people. I'm not saying you can't have disagreements about things, but it would be great if everyone would "agree to disagree agreeably".

When you take a look at what some of these peeps wanting to be a mod have said in recent political/religious threads....well...it just makes you want to :facepalm: I mean....how can you moderate something that you can't even put into practice yourself?

• Members

NetStar, TheGareth or melx would all be good choices I reckon - they've all got their heads screwed on and I believe would be fair candidates.

Obviously it's got to be someone from the UK for a couple of reasons. Firstly the differences in timezone will make sense because when one mod sleeps another can continue to crack the whip, and secondly because if someone from the UK wasn't chosen it would be blatant nationalistic favouritism and I for one would cry racism!
:)

Well thanks for the props.

I agree, my head is screwed on, however;

I think I am well out of the running because a had a three day "cool off", let's call it, for calling a possible epic luls on another forum. :facepalm: at me.

It was wrong and I will be the first to call that, but I don't expect Phil to take back the rules he has stipulated. So, that's me out.

But cheers anyway.

Personally, I agree that it ought to be someone from this side of the world, purely so there is a fair chance of someone being online most of the time.

My vote lies with you or Gareth.

Archived