My Do-It-Yourself IKEA Pedalboard Build Thread

• Members
Orange candy slices dipped in black chocolate...Yummmmm. There's some white on these candies, too, but only for the sugar dusting.

I'll take these over candy corns any day!

orange_candy.jpg

Where can one get those? Looks like a winning gift for the wifey.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm definitely building myself a GORM board after seeing this thread. i was going make a board from scratch and scrap wood but DAMN is that GORM cheap! i want to use the bigger one but I'll have to check it out in person to see if it looks like too much of a behemoth.

• Members

Where can one get those? Looks like a winning gift for the wifey.

You're not the only one who wants to know! I did an image search on "orange candy black chocolate" (or something similar) and found that image. I'd give up my eye tooth to track down more info.

Someone said earlier that he had seen some of these at a party, so presumably you can buy (or order) 'em. Whoever finds out first needs to start and informational thread for the rest of us!

• Members
I'm definitely building myself a GORM board after seeing this thread. i was going make a board from scratch and scrap wood but DAMN is that GORM cheap! i want to use the bigger one but I'll have to check it out in person to see if it looks like too much of a behemoth.

On the big board (30ish x 20ish) it doesn't look to hard to just cut off one of the long slats on the top or bottom to make it smaller, making it 4 boards deep instead of 5.

That's what I'll probably end up doing. GORM > paying $200+ for a pedaltrain and voodoo labs pedal power. Plus you get that satisfaction of being able to say that you built your own pedal board :thu:

• Members
On the big board (30ish x 20ish) it doesn't look to hard to just cut off one of the long slats on the top or bottom to make it smaller, making it 4 boards deep instead of 5.

That's what I'll probably end up doing. GORM > paying $200+ for a pedaltrain and voodoo labs pedal power. Plus you get that satisfaction of being able to say that you built your own pedal board
:thu:

good call.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

That's what I'll probably end up doing. GORM > paying $200+ for a pedaltrain and voodoo labs pedal power. Plus you get that satisfaction of being able to say that you built your own pedal board
:thu:

What I did for the board I'm in the middle of building right now was cut off one of the end slats, and used that as a back to make the board at an angle. I used the sides that were cut off to hold the back slat in place. (if that makes any sense). I can post pics sometime if somebody wants them.

• Members
Anybody seen an alternative to the IKEA Gorm anywhere at lowes/target/wallyworld/homedepot? Nearest IKEA to here is like...10 hours away and they don't ship online. ugh.

I'll ship you one for $40 :lol:

Originally Posted by
roughGo

what do you guys use as cases for your gorms

The gorm is actually just smaller than a very common suitcase size. Both of mine are in suitcases. Add a thin pillow / couple of beach towels and voila!

Archived