• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
i personally think the orange looks badass with the black velcro
:love:
, well done my friend
:thu:

+10
At first i was like :vomit: but then instantly fell in love with the orange and blakc

How much did you exactly spend?
i might work on one of thse some time soon :thu:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Nice thread dude, sorry about the UGtards.

Hey, in the end, everything worked out OK. My original thread on UG was shut down, I started a new one in the right place, everyone was happy, and the numbnuts who started the name calling were exposed to everyone as numbnuts.

• Members

:thu:Looks great Armchair. I really should paint mine. I totally made mine outta of scrap wood. Whats good site to post pics on btw? I gotta start posting some pics of my gear. On a side note I ended up pulling the trigger on that SG you recommended to me couple months back. Good god I love that guitar. Its F....... tone monster.

• Members
Yeah! I'm done. Here's a shot of my completed pedalboard in its new home -- in my guitar practice corner just in front of the rosewood liquor cabinet that sits between my SG Classic and my rack of guitars and my Avatar 1x12 and Tiny Terror. I also spared no expense on cabling and made new thicker cables for my guitars and for connecting the pedalboard to the amp. (I was amazed how much better they sounded compared to the Monster cables I was using previously.)

21completed2.jpg

Shocks the hell outta of me that you don't have Big Muff on your board.

• Members
Shocks the hell outta of me that you don't have Big Muff on your board.

Here's what it looks like today. The RC-2 and the FS-5U are gone. The Tech 21 Boost RVB and a vintage 1981 ProCo RAT are on board (for good), and I wavering WRT the Boss Blues Driver and the DS-1.

I agree that I should try to make room for either a Big Muff or some other fuzz-ified clone, maybe a Dallas Arbiter-clone.

whatismissing2640.jpg

• Members

I just made a trip to Ikea today so I can make one of these acclaimed Gorm boards for myself. I already own a Pedaltrain PT-2 (waste of $120 or whatever it was) but I needed a bigger board. I just finished the basic assembly (I pretty much copied your design, Armchair Bronco) but I still need to go to Home Depot to get the feet, handles, paint, and velcro. By the way, I used the same support plank through the center, except I screwed it to the ends instead of glueing. It seems like it will work out quite nicely. I'll post some pics once it is complete.

• Members

I just made a trip to Ikea today so I can make one of these acclaimed Gorm boards for myself. I already own a Pedaltrain PT-2 (waste of $120 or whatever it was) but I needed a bigger board. I just finished the basic assembly (I pretty much copied your design, Armchair Bronco) but I still need to go to Home Depot to get the feet, handles, paint, and velcro. By the way, I used the same support plank through the center, except I screwed it to the ends instead of glueing. It seems like it will work out quite nicely. I'll post some pics once it is complete.

Schweet! By the way, I bought my industrial strength velcro at a huge arts and crafts store. I'm not sure what Home Depot has, but this stuff is pretty generic as long as you get something tacky enough to hold fast. I do recommend "Heavy Duty" velcro -- some varieties are very whimpy.

I'm still trying to find a good supplier for smallish rubber feet. The HD ones work, but they're a little too big.

For paint, I used Rustoleum spray paint. I paid $3.50 for a big can of orange paint.

Lastly, don't skimp on making the semi-circular cutouts. Four per plank would not be overkill, and this'll give you more options when it comes time to wire things up.

• Members

I dont see why the semi-circle are necessary, I have a gorm and I just put the patch cable in the slats between each board.

If your connectors are skinny enough, then you probably don't need 'em. I used the pancake-style connectors and they were required. Also, some of the higher-end SwitchCraft connectors are pretty thick.

The space between the last slat and the back end is pretty tight. But if your connectors fit, then you can save A LOT of time by not making the cutouts.

• Members

It depends on the paint you use, I guess. I used 2 coats of Rustoleum Orange paint and it was plenty shiney enough on its own.

But lacquer isn't a bad idea at all, especially to give the paint some protection against errant feet.

I say do it if you live in an area with some sun where the lacquer can dry. Me: I live near Seattle and I was lucky to get down 2 coats of paint before it started raining again! :)

• Members

If your connectors are skinny enough, then you probably don't need 'em. I used the pancake-style connectors and they were required. Also, some of the higher-end SwitchCraft connectors are pretty thick.

The space between the last slat and the back end is pretty tight. But if your connectors fit, then you can save A LOT of time by not making the cutouts.

First off; instead of putting the whole connector through you could have just put the cable part through via the top :lol:

Second; what I did was since the boards on the gorm arent nailed down on the very edge I took the nails out, moved the boards to the edge and screwed them back down. Thus creating wider gaps.

• Members

Wow, I used your thread (on another website) to build my board. I haven't bought velcro yet, but painted up (Rustoleum black I had in the garage) and ready to go. Took me about an hour to put together and (minus the velcro) cost less than $6 bucks.

board-side.jpg

I'm trying to figure out spacing before I wire. The Selector will probably not make it on the final board.

pedalboard-1.jpg

Thanks man.

• Members

Wow, I used your thread (on another website) to build my board. I haven't bought velcro yet, but painted up (Rustoleum black I had in the garage) and ready to go. Took me about an hour to put together and (minus the velcro) cost less than $6 bucks.

I'm trying to figure out spacing before I wire. The Selector will probably not make it on the final board.

Thanks man.

Nice board! What was the other site where you saw my thread? Just curious.

Figuring out the spacing and then making custom fitted cabling is the hardest (or at least most time consuming) part.

(By the way: I just hit 4,000K posts with this post. Woo hoo! How many do I need for HOF status? 10K or 5K?)

• Members

The semi-circle drillings won't be necessary for my purposes. I plan on only having a single row of effects, therefore no need to feed the cable under to cross to the other side of the board. My patch cable plugs fit through the slats anyway (except for the top one). I got the 30 x 12 Gorm, by the way. I value horizontal space more than vertical. Plus, I almost exclusively use the "classic" chassis EHX pedals. You know what that means.

Top jacks.

Archived