What kind of beer are you drinking RIGHT NOW!

lostgoonie

• Members

Haven't had Erdinger, what's the word?

Rocket fuel, mate. Tasty rocket fuel. I remember one night after drinking a lot of it, I literally couldn't walk properly. On a very short walk home from the pub, I ended up sprawled across at least 3 car bonnets.

It's a good beer to kickstart your night with. If you can get it on tap, it gets you in the mood very quickly.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to love that beer - now it tastes watered down to me for some reason.

It's weird with Newcastle. Sometimes it is the best beer ever and other times it's just a tad bit skunky (might be the store's fault...). Tonight I've got a sweet pack though :thu:

• Members

Rocket fuel, mate. Tasty rocket fuel. I remember one night after drinking a lot of it, I literally couldn't walk properly. On a very short walk home from the pub, I ended up sprawled across at least 3 car bonnets.

It's a good beer to kickstart your night with. If you can get it on tap, it gets you in the mood very quickly.

need to find! :love:

perhaps total wine shall stock it :-)

• Members

I used to love that beer - now it tastes watered down to me for some reason.

Perhaps your tastebuds are getting old?

Seriously though its not one of my favorites either. Anyway, the shop fridge had PBRs and Newcastles, so the choice was clear...

• Members

Perhaps your tastebuds are getting old?

Seriously though its not one of my favorites either. Anyway, the shop fridge had PBRs and Newcastles, so the choice was clear...

When you drink more full-bodied beers like IPAs, stouts, and porters - Newkies drink like PBRs.

:lol:

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by erksin View Post
When you drink more full-bodied beers like IPAs, stouts, and porters - Newkies drink like PBRs.

icon_lol.gif
In the numerous beer threads I've seen here, you seem like a man of taste. Can you guys get Badger ales over there? If so, I have a number of recommendations!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris1982 View Post
Newky Brown is a pretty safe bet in the pub if the beer on tap tastes like chemical ass. A lot of bars/pubs keep it in the fridge over here, so you can get it most places.
When I lived in the UK, it was pretty much Sam Smiths Nut Brown and Abbot Ale for me.

love.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris1982 View Post
In the numerous beer threads I've seen here, you seem like a man of taste. Can you guys get Badger ales over there? If so, I have a number of recommendations!
I haven't ever tried Badger, but I'm writing it down for my next trip to the beer store.

thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by erksin View Post
I haven't ever tried Badger, but I'm writing it down for my next trip to the beer store.

thumb.gif
Nah dude, Badger is the brewery.

When did you live in the UK? If it was within the last 5 or 6 years maybe, you'd have seen the real ale shelves in all the Tesco/Sainsburys/Asdas etc. A fair proportion of the ales on those shelves are Badger ales, and I personally think they put out the best beer in the UK by a mile.

If you can find any, look out for:

Blandford Fly
Golden Glory
Poacher's Choice

Thise three are some of my favourites. They're all something a bit out of the ordinary. The Blandford Fly has a real burn to it, like it's packed with ginger or something.

Archived