What kind of beer are you drinking RIGHT NOW!

lostgoonie

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nothing right now but tonight it was a porter from a small local brewery. Heavy on the coffee flavor, quite good and satisfying. Went well with the blackened chicken sandwich I got.

Quote Originally Posted by erksin

View Post

When I lived in the UK, it was pretty much Sam Smiths Nut Brown and Abbot Ale for me.

love.gif

Sam Smith has yet to let me down. They make some good brews. thumb.gif

• Members

View Post

Smiths Nut Brown on tap is a thing of beauty. I slept in the backseat of my Mini more than once thanks to Sam Smith.

Hahaha nice. It really is quite good, haven't had it on tap yet. I remember liking their Winter Warmer as well and I've been meaning to try their porter. I really like their oatmeal stout though. But if we're talking oatmeal stouts, Founder's Breakfast Stout (double coffee, chocolate, oatmeal stout), is one of my all time favorite beers.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

I had a Sam Adams Summer Ale tonight. A bit sweeter than I like, but still pretty good.

I've never had a Sam Adams beer that I'd want to order twice. They are the Toyota Camry of craft beers. I shall not be swayed in my opinion.

icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

I've never had a Sam Adams beer that I'd want to order twice. They are the Toyota Camry of craft beers. I shall not be swayed in my opinion.

icon_lol.gif

I also own a Camry, and quite like itfacepalm.gificon_lol.gif

• Members
When you drink more full-bodied beers like IPAs, stouts, and porters - Newkies drink like PBRs.

:lol:

Full body beers are amazing. Incidentally, I'm a huge fan of those three types you mentioned. But drinking a pisswater beer like PBR or Budweiser is its own, bizarrely respectable experience.

You know how sometimes you want an amazingly cooked hamburger from a legit restaurant or from a backyard grill? And how sometimes you just want to throw some Wendy's at your face because you're in a hurry and have no money? Sometimes, I am legitimately in the mood for these kinds of non-heavy beers that are not, strictly, good beers, but fulfill a certain niche.

Presently, I'm drinking this, which is a fantastic gin for the budget. A lot of vanilla-like undertones though, so perhaps not great in a martini. I'm using in a gin rickey.

New%20Amsterdam%20Gin.jpg

• Members

View Post

icon_lol.gif

Gotta closet full of Stone and Dogfish Head... but since I'm drinking Red Stripe, with a few Newcastles thrown in, RIGHT NOW... I'm wondering what the Honda Accord of craft beers might be...

Archived