The OFFICIAL Fender Blues Junior Lounge!!!

Crxsh

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Elias

View Post

I started this project yesterday and figured you guys might be interested.

DSCF1214.jpg

I took a few hours to build the pine cab yesterday; I need to pick up a round-over bit for the router to do the edges and some paint for the insides. If I can find the time to work on it than I might have a custom blue Blues Jr by the end of the week!

This amp has actually been sitting on the sidelines ever since I got my DRRI. I'm hoping that the new look and the BillM mods that I've contemplated doing will help it see more use.

Is it large enough to fit a full reverb tank in?

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by boytbpc

View Post

Is it large enough to fit a full reverb tank in?

I honestly don't know; I'm planning on sticking with the stock unit. Unless it can be made to be footswitchable, I don't really plan on using the reverb anyway.

• Members

View Post

I honestly don't know; I'm planning on sticking with the stock unit. Unless it can be made to be footswitchable, I don't really plan on using the reverb anyway.

I don't know, but my first idea is that you should be able to install a SPST and make it switchable.

• Members

Time for a quick update before bed:

Guitar

A few notes:

- I did this in a few hours this evening with no prior experience

- I Used 3M spray adhesive for most of it and crazy glue for the corners

- The vinyl I have isn't as textured as the stock stuff and doesn't feel as tough

- From a distance it looks pretty cool, but from up close the smoother vinyl and my lack of precision make it look cheap...

- It is cheap: $24 for twice the vinyl I needed and a few bucks for some 2'6" were the only supplies consumed

If all goes well than it should be back together and rocking by tomorrow!

• Members

Hey look, it's blue!

DSCF1241.jpg

DSCF1237.jpg

DSCF1226.jpg

Overall it actually turned out better than I expected. I just need to pick up two nuts so I can install the handle.

On another note, my amp has a tendency to have a sudden and significant drop in volume after it has been on for a while (approx 15-20 minutes). Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any ideas on where to start trouble shooting?

• Members

View Post

Hey look, it's blue!

DSCF1241.jpg

DSCF1237.jpg

DSCF1226.jpg

Overall it actually turned out better than I expected. I just need to pick up two nuts so I can install the handle.

On another note, my amp has a tendency to have a sudden and significant drop in volume after it has been on for a while (approx 15-20 minutes). Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any ideas on where to start trouble shooting?

That's fuggin cool

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

yeah i might be picking up a BillM modded blues jr near me today or tomorrow. its a USA model, with the presence knob and some other mods. im gonna to the twin stack and tone stack mods, as well as put in a long tank accutronics reverb. if i get it. its got a celestion g12l 35 speaker in it too. ill see if i like it. its gonna be my main gigging amp. i figure if chris walla and ben gibbard can rock them live and sound amazing, why cant i?

• Members

The Swamp Thang is in my Junior! OMG! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUGGIN' AWESOME!

This replacement was the easiest "thang" to do. The chassis came out with ease. The stock speaker didn't appear to be soldered unless it was just a tac. The connectors came loose and off with a gentle shimmy/tug. The Swamp Thang went in with no trouble and the leads slipped on and locked in place. I didn't solder it to test it and be sure I liked it. I am not sure I will solder it unless it it going to be a problem electronically. Thoughts here?

The highs have smoothed out so much and the bottom expanded nicely. This was the right choice for me for sure. What a difference!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Stratman Tigers

View Post

How giggable are Blues Jr's?

As long as you have a mic, 100%. I really enjoy the relatively low headroom that I have on my Jr. When compared to my 1970 50W Bassman, I actually prefer the Jr. in most gigging and rehearsal situations due to the lower headroom. Obviously, the Bassman is a better candidate for certain situations but overall I find myself using the Jr. at least 85% of the time.

• Members

I have a '95 Tweed Blues Junior...

Thinking of getting or building an extension cab-

Tips on how to 'hook-it-up- to my amp?

Mine is completely stock...

No extra/external jack...

Thanks!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pjj

View Post

I have a '95 Tweed Blues Junior...

Thinking of getting or building an extension cab-

Tips on how to 'hook-it-up- to my amp?

Mine is completely stock...

No extra/external jack...

Thanks!

The easiest way (and really, no reason not to), is to use a y-splitter cable. There's a 1/4" cable in the amp that can go to the splitter which feeds the internal speaker and the cab. Or if you just want the external cab, just patch straight to it. No problem.

Archived