The "Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai" Lounge

Fender&EHX4ever

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ooh, here is another trick.

Because the tap tempo normalizes the pitch of a loop, you can quickly go up or down an octave hands free and back again with the preset knob.

Have your delay time somewhere other than 12 o clock in loop mode. Save that setting as a preset.

Now record a loop. Lightly tap the preset button and it will pitch shift to whatever setting you have.

Now you can overdub.

When you tap tempo, it returns you to your original pitch.

smile.gif

• Members

FYI I emailed EHX about the loop tap/tempo function, because I was confused exactly by how it works.

They said it does math to figure out what tempo the loop is in, then blinks the tempo it figured out. So it shifts the loop based on that. So if it is blinking at half time and a little off tempo, don't tap in time, tap in half time.

• Members

BTW, They answered some of my questions about the Holy Stain too.

The fuzz is silicon, the tremolo is sine- you can control depth and rate, the expression controls the amount, the pitch shift cycles between a 3rd up and a 4th down. Oh, and you can't have two of the digital effects at once. I'm thinking the pitch shift will be like the one Puretube demo'd. Bummer you can't only do drive + one of the effects at once though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SpectralJulian

View Post

BTW, They answered some of my questions about the Holy Stain too.

The fuzz is silicon, the tremolo is sine- you can control depth and rate, the expression controls the amount, the pitch shift cycles between a 3rd up and a 4th down. Oh, and you can't have two of the digital effects at once. I'm thinking the pitch shift will be like the one Puretube demo'd. Bummer you can't only do drive + one of the effects at once though.

Thanks for the update, SJ! So gathering from the info, you can have the following 7 combinations on the Holy Stain:

Fuzz

Reverb

Tremelo

Pitch Shift

Fuzz + Reverb

Fuzz + Tremelo

Fuzz + Pitch Shift

I'm excited to hear some soundclips, but I don't think I'm going to rush out and buy this one until I've heard it first.

• Members

So I'm thinking more about making the external box to plug the SMMH into to expand it's capabilities, and I'm thinking some very cool things could be done with a box that you just plug the SMMH into.

Here's what I want mine to do:

• have stereo inputs and stereo outs, left and right send, left and right return.

ability to shut out either the left or the right channel so that you only record in one channel

ability to chain the channels

a boost so that you can have more intense settings

guitar input and effect send, with the ability to blend one of the channels of the Memory man with your guitar signal into your first effect. (so that when you chain the channels together you can

a mono out with the ability to mix between the left and right channels via an expression pedal

its own wet/dry blend so you can fade loops in and out instead of having to click them off.

That's all I can think of that I want it to do, don't know how many switches that will take right now, but I'm thinking it could be a pretty cool little box. If you've got any ideas Fender&EHXforever, lemme know. I know you did that cool mega effects swapper, so you might have a bit of good advice on this one.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SpectralJulian

View Post

Don't forget there is also OD on it. That is 3 more combos.

I think it is going to be worth it mainly for the fuzz and the pitch shift. The verb and the tremolo are just a bonus.

The pitch shifting is the make or break on the Holy Stain really.

maybe....but look how cheap it is!!

I think it's gotta be worth it whatever!! I'm hoping it's out when I go to get my amp...4 or 5 weeks, if it is I'll get that too and see what deal I can get.

• Members

n_holystain.jpg

ok, take a look at it...top right you have a knob for clean, fuzz or drive

color knob...looks interesting, maybe like a 3 tone knockout type thing?

tone, volume....as it says

amount and mix....pretty tweekable by the looks.

a switch to bypass and a switch to change modes...Room, Hall, pitch shift and trem.

so you have 4 effects clean, 4 with fuzz and 4 with drive.

if you turned the amount or mix down to zero maybe you can have the fuzz or drive on it's own...I think it looks loads of fun for the money. thumb.gif

kinda reminds me of the 'worm' in some ways....loads of random stuff together in a box!! icon_lol.gif

Archived