The "Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai" Lounge

Fender&EHX4ever

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My HaZZ finally arrived this morning! love.gif I could play with it for ~2 hours without getting any usable sound - that's a good sign, tells me that I haven't even scratched the surface of this little computer. After g/f and work I had an unanounced rehearsal because we got a gig tomorrow nite. So the Hazzz will be played out without hard studies before.

A good thing?

(poke.gif rhetorical...)

• Members

Well just got my SHHw/H and I must say it kicks some serious ass, it is everything I hoped for, had a DD-20, DL4, DE-7, and an Echo Park, but they all lacked something I couldn't quite put my finger on.

But the SMMH, paired with my DMM is one amazing combo, just wow, BTW thanks for all the settings posetd had a blast plucking around with some of them, hope to have some of my own up here in the near future.

• Members

My HaZZ finally arrived this morning!
:love:
I could play with it for ~2 hours without getting any usable sound - that's a good sign, tells me that I haven't even scratched the surface of this little computer. After g/f and work I had an unanounced rehearsal because we got a gig tomorrow nite. So the Hazzz will be played out without hard studies before.

A good thing?

(:poke: rhetorical...)

Your girlfriend is a musician?

Lucky!

Oh wait, your girlfriend isn't a musician, I just read it wrong.

• Members

Has anyone had the chance to thoroughly play the Eventide Timefactor as well as the SMMH? I was taken by suprise and really enjoyed the clips posted here of the SMMH. I hadn't even thought a second about the SMMH as I was tunnel vision on the Timefactor. I know there are different features and such but what I'm really interested in is whether or not the Timefactor is capable of getting the ethereal, tripped out sounds of the SMMH as posted in this thread. I would really appreciate it if anyone that has experience with both could share their observations. Thanks again to everyone for the SMMH clips as they sounded as fun as they probably were to make.

• Members

like if u r turning the pedal off, the sound wouldnt just go off instantly but just fade. or if u r going to one preset to another, just like what the dd-20 does

Once you hit the bypass switch the repeats also stop. I think it's true bypass so that's probably why.

There isn't a 'gap' when you switch between presets if that's what you mean. Kinda hard to switch kinds of delay unless you turn the haz knob w/ your foot though.

• Members
Your girlfriend is a musician?

Lucky!

Oh wait, your girlfriend isn't a musician, I just read it wrong.

Well, you read it wrong. But indeed, she is a bass player :thu:

Now that I have played around with my Hazz, this thread makes a hole new sense to me! Thanks once again for all the clips and hints!

:wave::wave::wave:

• Members

Hi there. Thanks for the all the great info and beautiful clips in this thread.

Question:

I understand the loop function is limited to 30 seconds. I also know, from watching the Gear-Wire demo video, that you can overdub another track on top of an existing loop, using the SMM w/ H. Here's what I'm confused about: If I've recorded a full 30 second loop, and then I try to overdub on top of THAT, am I out of luck? In other words, can I overdub virtually endlessly over a 30 sec loop that I've laid down, or am I limited to 30 seconds total recording time? (like three 10 second loops stacked on top of one another, for example). :confused:

• Members
Hi there. Thanks for the all the great info and beautiful clips in this thread.

Question:

I understand the loop function is limited to 30 seconds. I also know, from watching the Gear-Wire demo video, that you can overdub another track on top of an existing loop, using the SMM w/ H. Here's what I'm confused about: If I've recorded a full 30 second loop, and then I try to overdub on top of THAT, am I out of luck? In other words, can I overdub virtually endlessly over a 30 sec loop that I've laid down, or am I limited to 30 seconds total recording time? (like three 10 second loops stacked on top of one another, for example).
:confused:

You can overdub to your hearts content

• Members

Yes, endless overdubs over up to 30 seconds of original recordings.

It would be super lame otherwise

Thanks bvester. I want one now. There goes my Highway One Telecaster fund...

So this thing really has more than 30 seconds worth of "memory." I wonder why EHX limited the loop time to 30 seconds? Anyone know? Was it simply so people would still have a reason to buy the other "proper" EHX looper (what's it called the 2496? or the 16 second delay?).

Archived