The "Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai" Lounge

Fender&EHX4ever

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just about to order mine. I've got one more question about the loop function though, if you gentlemen don't mind.

Somebody, I forget who, was disapointed earlier in this thread with way the SMMH triggers the record on / record off functions. I understand that you have to hold down the record button while recording, and then let off to stop recording and "let the loop fly." No problem there. What has me worried though is that the guy said something about having to "wait a full half second" before the looper starts recording. That might be a deal breaker for me. Sounds really difficult to get a seamless loop.

So, how do you trigger the "record on" function? Is there a delay between "pressing record" and actually "writing to tape?"

Thanks guys.

• Members

Just about to order mine. I've got one more question about the loop function though, if you gentlemen don't mind.

Somebody, I forget who, was disapointed earlier in this thread with way the SMMH triggers the record on / record off functions. I understand that you have to hold down the record button while recording, and then let off to stop recording and "let the loop fly." No problem there. What has me worried though is that the guy said something about having to "wait a full half second" before the looper starts recording. That might be a deal breaker for me. Sounds really difficult to get a seamless loop.

So, how do you trigger the "record on" function? Is there a delay between "pressing record" and actually "writing to tape?"

Thanks guys.

that's not true ... and it's realy easy to get a seamless loop. just go buy it!

• Members

something must be wrong with mine.....

the loopmode is all {censored}ed up....it took me 10 minutes before the hazaraibutton managed to stay in the deja vu (loopmode) and light up the led....but now i cant get out of it and the loop is like half a second and cant be controlled.

wtf !!!!!!!!!!!!

im using a regular 9 volt psu with 1000mA.

• Members

Here's something really nerdy. Please bear with me...

I was reading an essay on JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion. This quote struck me:

"Fundamental things are made all the more luminous by their setting."

The first thing I thought of was: "EHX Pedals! That's what they do for me... allow me to hear something simple in a new setting. The new setting helps me to hear the beauty of something simple, something that I would have simply tuned out / ignored otherwise."

My thanks to the fellow geeks at EHX.

:blah:

• Members

i already have 9 delays counting my EVENTIDE timefactor which arrives any moment now. Do I need the SMMwH now too? I love the tone of the old DMM is this the same? Do we have any clips up in this thread?

it's very different than the DMM but it's more useful for my purposes. you can sort of approximate the DMM in the 300 ms+ mod mode. i do an A/B between this and my DMM here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=758582

• Members
i already have 9 delays counting my EVENTIDE timefactor which arrives any moment now. Do I need the SMMwH now too? I love the tone of the old DMM is this the same? Do we have any clips up in this thread?

Different sound, but very nice. Clips from page 3 through 5 me thinks.:thu:

• Members

Ok, I am rocking the SMMH for round 2 weeks now and have some really usable presets. But the Reverse Echo mode gives me a hard time. I could use it as a ring mod but that is just not what it is supposed to do I think.
I found a preset that sounds quite okay for single reverse eighths for example. Only problem is the pre-delay / gap before the reverse note comes is way to large for a musical use.
How do you guys use the reverse echo mode? :confused:

• Members

I have it preset for ring mod, But I like to do a reverse echo as well. decay all the way down, repeats at 9, delay between 12 and 3.

Try arpeggiating and doing slow finger style stuff and let as many notes as you can ring out. The reverse echo really textures everything you play. Don't think of it as a tempo echo, but more as a texture echo, like how you'd use an analog delay on the verge of self oscillation.

Archived