The "Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai" Lounge

Fender&EHX4ever

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by recovery

View Post

Check that, I just took delivery. Special thanks to MacDaddy for the good price and quick shipping. Will be testing this puppy after work and will provide feedback.

biggrin.gif

Cool!

Could somebody please do a clip with purely delay and nothing else with a SMMH? Thanks!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by recovery

View Post

Check that, I just took delivery. Special thanks to MacDaddy for the good price and quick shipping. Will be testing this puppy after work and will provide feedback.

biggrin.gif

Will provide "feedback" haha!! biggrin.gif

I am hoping mine gets here this week. I called the shop on Friday and they said they had a ton of orders coming in. Crossing fingers.

• Members

Mine just arrived today from MacDaddy...this thing is already blowing my mind. Probably the best delay I've ever played around with, and I still haven't explored all the settings. The 300 ms with mod is probably the most impressive thing for me..it sounds so good with volume swells..wow.

I'm so happy that any setting/preset can be used while looping love.gif

• Members

Ok, so I just realized something really cool. If you want to have pre delays and reverse reverb- here is a cool trick

1. Plug in the Stereo Memory Man as you normally would in mono

2. Record a chord part of a riff.

3. Unplug the output cable

4. plug a patch cable into the mono output jack, then plug the other side into the right input on the other side

5. Now plug your output cable into the right output

6. you now have your left channel jumpered into your right channel

7. now reverse your loop

8. now choose a delay setting you like, and notice it is now affecting your loop.

9. hold down record for the duration of the loop

10. unreverse the loop

11. Now you know how to get pre-verb and pre-delay without having to do it in the awkward fashion that I last demonstrated (recording the effect full wet, then reversing and playing over it)

Jumpering the left onto the right channel has some other cool effects. You can get even weirder effects having double modulated delay or double reverse delay (some of the echoes will play in forward)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SpectralJulian

View Post

Ok, so I just realized something really cool. If you want to have pre delays and reverse reverb- here is a cool trick

1. Plug in the Stereo Memory Man as you normally would in mono

2. Record a chord part of a riff.

3. Unplug the output cable

4. plug a patch cable into the mono output jack, then plug the other side into the right input on the other side

5. Now plug your output cable into the right output

6. you now have your left channel jumpered into your right channel

7. now reverse your loop

8. now choose a delay setting you like, and notice it is now affecting your loop.

9. hold down record for the duration of the loop

10. unreverse the loop

11. Now you know how to get pre-verb and pre-delay without having to do it in the awkward fashion that I last demonstrated (recording the effect full wet, then reversing and playing over it)

Jumpering the left onto the right channel has some other cool effects. You can get even weirder effects having double modulated delay or double reverse delay (some of the echoes will play in forward)

Dude! That's a really cool.gifidea.gifthumb.gif I haven't had a chance to try it yet (busy night). But I can't wait to play with it. Thanks for sharing biggrin.gif

• Members

I've got a design for a box that will do it, but it requires a 4pdt and a 3pdt, and there is no room to have an LED on the 4PDT, so I am thinking I could get a heavy duty 4pdt flip switch and a 3pdt stompswitch.

wiringvn3.jpg

That would work I believe. Although since you're gonna be on your hands and knees anyways, it is kind of more economical just to make a kill box and put it after your SMMH so that you don't damage your speakers unplugging the output.

Archived