Current Pedalboard - Post Yours (#2)

TheCardiacKid

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yea, I got back to town after not using pedals for a couple years. Joined a band with this new amp... Opened the flood gates to trying things out with this group and finding a good fit... Plus, as we add on more songs, my roll is shifting from more rhythm to a good blend of lead and rhythm... so I'm just dicking around until I stumble on a good combo with this group and new amp.

Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude

View Post

Tronus, you sure like to keep things fresh.

• Members

CIMG0951.jpg

Korg Pitchblack > Boss GE-7b - (some crazy tremolo a friend built for me, i think it is based on the EA tremolo) > Dan Amstrong Green Ringer clone > Melx V2 Fuzz > Pharaoh > Blue Box clone with clean blend > Shin-ei Companion clone > Dano Fuzz V1 > Arion Analog Delay > EHX Small Stone USA > Boss DD-5 > EQD Ghost Echo > Danelectro Reel Echo

i love.gif this setup love.gif

• Members

EDIT: before you read all that junk (but by now you probably have). I'm not sure how it's set... If you hear it into the clean channel it'd probably sound like {censored} because it's dialed in to channel 3. It works hitting channel 2 as well... Basically it's imparting it's feel/color and a bit more gain on the dirt channels.

I have channel 3 on the Mk IIC setting... I have it set to a percussive clean/distorted sound for fusion lead {censored}s... Sort of zendrive'ish... That setup heavily depends on the graphic EQ... Anyways, I was messing with hitting that channel with pedals when I stuck my DS-1 in front... It basically turns it into a blend of smooth distortion and an Eric Johnson sort of percussive fat thing... You know when he does arpeggios or pentatonic sort of runs with 2 notes per strings and it sounds all wide and fat? It's more like his tone from his stuff with Electromagnets than his more recent sounds. It's hard to explain but it's doing that sort of thing. Makes it really easy to play and the single notes feel really heavy. Plus it adds this oomph you can feel in the room. It's a good time

Quote Originally Posted by KoskineN

View Post

How do you the DS-1 with your Mark V? As a boost or straight up distortion?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by tronus

View Post

Yea, I got back to town after not using pedals for a couple years. Joined a band with this new amp... Opened the flood gates to trying things out with this group and finding a good fit... Plus, as we add on more songs, my roll is shifting from more rhythm to a good blend of lead and rhythm... so I'm just dicking around until I stumble on a good combo with this group and new amp.

More is more man, I like the variations!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sparkfriction

View Post

nice boards lately

SAL? you still dig the space? how do you use it? for spacey stuff only or also for standard "verbs"?

Nothing has changed regarding my opinion on the Space... I do think the traditional verbs sound really good... but thats not why I bought it... I was looking for verb on freaky steroids. Its still a bit of a let down that its not crazy enough but at this point I have come to rely on a number of Tremverb / mangled verb settings in our live set so I keep on keepin on...

I do think I am gonna switch things up a bit in the future so time will tell if the Space stays on the live board. I wont sell it though. I do feel it is worth the investment.

Archived