Post The Best Thing You've Seen On The Internet Today - Part III

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

View Post

Next time you're tempted to think that all cops suck, please think about that picture. Not all of them do.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50007300#.ULgFT4VX3Oc

Truth.

In my younger years (hell, I'm still young) I used to fear all cops and grew to really not like them. Now that I'm a grad student living in a college town, cops treat me like I'm a freaking prince. After having to call the cops on a coworker and dealing with local law enforcement to get this person some help, I have nothing but respect for the police officer's duty. The guys here are truly great people. I met most of the police force after taking them some cookies after the incident and most of them recognize me when they see me and they are just a swell bunch. Whenever I return to my hometown, I do notice a change in culture from departments. Had those guys not saved my ass when my coworker lost it one day, I would have never known how cool cops could be and that my previous experiences were indicative only of that one local department that I grew up around, and were not any way indicative of all police officers. Excuse the run-on sentence. cop.gif

• Members

I read on reddit that the homeless guy is known for just throwing the shoes away as being shoeless gets more sympathy, which gets more money. Multiple people have seen him since the pic and he was without shoes, apparently. Hopefully not true, but if it is, it still doesn't take away from what the cop did.

Archived