Current Pedalboard - Post yours

shipatsea

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Last Nerve

View Post

Olle...you ever give us a detailed review on the Echolution?

im still learning this bitch...... smile.gif

it can do so much weird stuff and one twist of a knob changes the basic delay sound a lot....you can have extreme reverby slapbach and psychedlic suuuuperlong delays with different kinds of tape-simulations and frozen looops.....i dunno what im saying really.....but overall i like it a lot....and its def a keeper.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Last Nerve

View Post

Very cool, Olle.

Are the trem and chorus any good? You have to have the delay on for the trem and chorus to be engaged, right?

Any issues with it at all so far?

at first it seemed like when u had the chorus/trem engaged the delays dissappeared...then i found out how to keep them there....u cant have the pedal off (middle button) and just use the trem/chorus.....but u can take away the delays (pedal button middle still on) and use the trem/chorus on its own......hmmm....i must try more tomorrow at rehersal.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cloudscapes

View Post

Not yet, though I do have the synth part of the circuit I made on "DIY layout creator". Looks something like this:

ringmod_synthschematic.gif

Sorry for the unclarity. I wasn't planning on showing it to anybody. wink.gif IC1 is a CD40106 and IC2 a LM741. The blue wires go to some pots, I forget their values. The red dot squares represent a cut in the stripboard. They're sometiems hard to see, like the one under R6. The ringmod part of the circuit is just simply this using some carefully matched germanium diodes. This is the simple togglable preamp in front of the ringmod. In the end, it looks like a mess but it works!

ringmod_guts.jpg

Sweet man, I almost feel inspired to try something like this. How does it work out with two carriers? What happens when you turn the carrier off?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PFDarkside

View Post

Sweet man, I almost feel inspired to try something like this. How does it work out with two carriers? What happens when you turn the carrier off?

You can't turn the carrier off. What that stompswitch does is switch between the internal carrier (simple synth) and an external one, like another guitar, synthesizer, whatever! wink.gif The external carrier's jack is on the top edge.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Luke m-s

View Post

Blungo and Ollenorin, how are you guys finding the RRR? ive heard only good things about it.

I like mine a lot.

No downside to it that i can see. It doesn't have a spring setting or do the really cavernous verb thing, but it's easy to use, TBP and sounds grreat.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Joey O

View Post

i'm in the process of actually making a board, but here's what i have to put on it so far [strobostomp and stupid box are not pictured]:

thepedals.jpg

Wow, nice stuff there! How are you planning on making the board? I really need to make a bigger one for myself.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ollenorin

View Post

at first it seemed like when u had the chorus/trem engaged the delays dissappeared...then i found out how to keep them there....u cant have the pedal off (middle button) and just use the trem/chorus.....but u can take away the delays (pedal button middle still on) and use the trem/chorus on its own......hmmm....i must try more tomorrow at rehersal.

Can you crap crempo (tap tempo) the trem or chorus rates? Or is the tap tempo strictly for the delay time?

Archived