shipatsea

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarGuitar

View Post

aaw come on now!

right to left, then up, then to the left again!

Seriously, I wasnt trying to cop EJ's setup. I just wanted an all AC-powered board... with a hardcore late 70's early 80's vibe to it.

There's no shame. In this day and age, nobody should have to be afraid to come out of the closet...

Just admit it, you're an Eric Johnson wannabe. It will feel so much better after that...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jasonfuzz

View Post

I think you and EJ are the only ones who ever put their echoplexes on their board. Also, who uses their echoplex enough to warrant putting it on a board?!? Those things don't seem too roadworthy.

i use the plex all the damn time.

besides, it looks friggin cool on there.

and imposing.

maybe I could fit my reverb tank on the next board.

Yeah, I do not gig anymore. cry.gif

• Members

I bought a Milwaukee router today under the guise of needing to finally tackle my acoustic board. You can't really see it, but I routed a slot in front of the PP2 to allow all the cables to slip underneath. I'm only missing some right angle power cables to replace the straight ones, and an 18V cable for the EQ. Those will be ordered tomorrow. I'll probably upgrade the tuner to a strobo eventually, but this is fine for now. (despite the fact that there is clearly room for one more pedal).

acoustic_board_1_02102007.jpg

Note the hinges:

acoustic_board_2_02102007.jpg

That way I still have access to the dip switches, even though everything is screwed down. It took me a long time to get everything positioned to where the PP2 and PolyChorus could be all wired and still allow the PP2 to pivot. It's a tight squeeze, but it's all working now.

acoustic_board_3_02102007.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarGuitar

View Post

i use the plex all the damn time.

besides, it looks friggin cool on there.

and imposing.

I saw a band a few days ago where the guitarist had an Echoplex in a Barge Concepts feedback loop. That thing made some crazy sounds!

• Members

jppedalboard.jpg

Mine is still in LA with Bob Bradshaw, but here is a very close facimilie. The only difference is I have 3 Boss FV 500 volume pedals and 2 tap tempo control buttons 1 for the Eventide H8000FW and 1 for the TC Electronic 2290. It controls the rack in my avatar and 4 amps Mesa/Boogie MKIII Coliseum Simul-Class, Mojave Peacemaker, Fuchs ODS, and a '65 BF Fender Super Reverb head.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RJpilot

View Post

Is that a mudhoney?

How do you like?smile.gif

I like it.

Never played a rezzafratzitz but I was close ti buying one but the OCD got me instead.

Yes it is. it's great. in my one band i use it for a mild overdrive type thing. and in the other it push the boost button and use it as a fuzz.

allright. the OCD is a great pedal too. but a little pricey

• Members

I don't know how you guys use so many pedals!

I like PLAYING guitar, but not running and stepping on pedals the whole gig.

I use Ibanez as-120 (sometimes Washburn J-3 hollowbody), Crybaby 535q, MXR Phase 90, EH small clone into Ampeg Reverberocket. I want to add Pulsar tremolo and analog delay(deluxe memory man or Maxon)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zachman

View Post

jppedalboard.jpg

Mine is still in LA with Bob Bradshaw, but here is a very close facimilie. The only difference is I have 3 Boss FV 500 volume pedals and 2 tap tempo control buttons 1 for the Eventide H8000FW and 1 for the TC Electronic 2290. It controls the rack in my avatar and 4 amps Mesa/Boogie MKIII Coliseum Simul-Class, Mojave Peacemaker, Fuchs ODS, and a '65 BF Fender Super Reverb head.

Wasn't this John Petrucci's?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by danut

View Post

Wasn't this John Petrucci's?

Yup, good man. This is a pic of John Petrucci's old C.A.E footcontroller. Mine is exactly the same (NOT his old one) but with 3 Boss FV500 volume pedals, cry baby wah and 2 tap tempo buttons 1 for the Eventide and 1 for the TC 2290. The rack it controls is in the Avatar. It controls 22 loop of a Custom Audio Electronic Rack controller. Functions which are controlling a CAE 4-Amp switcher and pedals mounted on a tray in the rack as well as the racked processors. ALL pedals are run infront of the amp's inputs and in series. All Racked processors are run in parallel through a Custom Audio Electronics Dual 5 Channel Line mixer. The Eventide is routed to run 2 of the in/outs in parallel through the mixer and the other 2 of the 4 in/outs in series.

Amps are: Fender Super Reverb Head, Fuchs ODS, Mesa/Boogie MKIII Coliseum Simul-Class, Mojave Peacemaker, and a Marshall 6100LE 30th Anniversary. (The Marshall and the rest of the amps are chosen according to my mood).

Amp select, Amp channel switching, Amp special functions (Fuchs ODS; Clean/OD, Mid-Boost, Gain)

Tuner/Mute

TC Electronic 2290, TC Electronic 1210, Eventide H8000FW, Lexicon PCM-80, MXR Dyna Comp, MXR Flanger, MXR EVH 90, Marshall Blues Breaker 2, Electro Harmonix LPB2.

The bottom row of buttons are preset buttons and the rest of the buttons are for each individual pedal, rack processor, each amplifier, and channel select of appropriate amps along with special amp functions.

• Members

Eh, no. I'm a big fan of simple and that just works well for me. The Dm-3 has velcro on it and I just keep it around and swap it with the Tu-2 when I'm up for some delay.

Did you get my PM and snatch up that dm-3 in the spam thread?

yeah I got your pm...but I think I want a tele more than any pedal at this point.

• Members

Hey How do you like the gangster clark? i was thinking about get one. Did you buy it new or used?

I bought it new from tonefactor when I asked Brad if he had any and he said he had one more left. I think it's a great pedal and has knocked off a lovetone big cheese clone, skreddy mayo and dm-3 from my personal usage. I'm just plugging that and the tu-2 at the moment. It's perfect if you like Tweed overdrive type stuff and I really do love it.

Archived