I believe and support a lot of the teachings of Jesus

-=MYK=-

• Members
Originally posted by Light em Up

What Chief said was absolutely correct. The second you die is going to be the worst nightmare you could ever imagine because you have been presented with God's message and have forcefully rejected it.

Are you going to be disappointed when your eyes close, you die and nothing happens... Well I guess you won't. You'll be dead. :D

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by -=MYK=-

IMO, Jesus was just some smart dude that looked at people and thought about how humans are, and he said "whoa, wait...here's what we should try to do if we want to live good lives, and here's some stories/teachings that you should keep in mind if you ever run into any problems."

IS that really so far fetched?

Yes, it is actually. Jesus could only have been one of a few things. 1. The son of God (my personal belief). 2. A huge liar and therefore not a good person to listen to or adhere to. 3. A crazy man who really believed he was something that he wasn't.

Listen, he went around professing he was God's only son and thousands of people followed him and died for him and his beliefs as he died for us. If he wasn't actually the son of God then he was not a good person because of all the conflict and persecution that religion has caused. If you believe Jesus was some good dude who roamed around for a few years on earth teaching people good values but you do not believe in God or Christianity then you are in essence contradicting yourself from the get go. Wise men seek him, period.

• Members

Originally posted by wheresgrant3

QUESTION: Which one will make it to heaven?

If you ask each one them might only say themselves.... however I going to bet they all make it to what they percieve as heaven.

All of them. I've just received payment and it all went through. Well, I actually got a e-check from the priest so he has to wait 6-10 days for payment to clear. Cheers Lucius

• Members

This is the mind of the wicked.

Now you can spew out whatever evil your master commands..but I wont be back to read it. That would be like showing up for a date with a skunk

And honestly... who the freak uses words like "wicked" and "master". You don't realize how subserviant you make being a born again Christian sound. Is it "wicked" to use the internet or play guitar. No one is my master except me.... just ask Jerry Seinfeld.

• Members

This is the mind of the wicked. What Chief said was absolutely correct. The second you die is going to be the worst nightmare you could ever imagine because you have been presented with God's message and have forcefully rejected it. God doesnt send poeple to hell...people go there of their own freewill

You must understand you dont hurt Christians feelings with your nonsense. When we read all these comments we somehow wish we could force you to change..but we cant. You are who you are. Christ has paid for yours and all our evil deeds...rejecting that free offer through arrogance is the order of the day for the lost

Now you can spew out whatever evil your master commands..but I wont be back to read it. That would be like showing up for a date with a skunk

Still presuming to speak for Christians, I see.

I swear, some people have the learning "curve" of a fruit fly (i.e., a flat line).

:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by BadRonald

You guy's are incredible. It sounds like you've got it all figured out, as usual. The thread can end now.

Exactly.

This happens so much here. A human fault.

It amazes me that so many people "know" God. May I assume that God *did* give His word to man? I'd like to know exacly how this happened. A burning tree? choir of angels? Thundrebolts? I don't know.

But, saying He did...what has man done with this Word? It was NEVER corrupted? Gosh...with God being perfect and man not....how could it NOT?

I think this thing called "faith" is nice...but it shouldn't be used as a weapon....to bludgeon other people.

And how does anyone know that a seemingly "faithless" person isn't performing God's command?

Oh, yes...everyone *KNOWS* everything don't they. Answers for everything. How convenient. You presume so much, maybe God would be mad at you.

• Members
Originally posted by wheresgrant3

QUESTION: Which one will make it to heaven?

0,3772,111056_6,00.jpg

hasidic_jew.jpg

Buddist.jpg

father.jpg

720dNigeriaMuslimPraying.jpg

If you ask each one them might only say themselves.... however I going to bet they all make it to what they percieve as heaven.

you left out terje and 17 tubes

• Members

Originally posted by BadRonald

Actually, I am a Christian and am on the other side of the line here. But, I would never presume to sit here and preach to you. We all have to make our own decisions. I can only show you how Christ has affected my life by example.

Wow.

Thanks.

So, what's wrong with all your buddies?

------

There is no line (or spoon).

You may advance 3 steps toward the lion-gate. If you dare.

KWATZ!!!///

• Members

Originally posted by chuckgp

Wow.

Thanks.

So, what's wrong with all your buddies?

------

There is no line (or spoon).

You may advance 3 steps toward the lion-gate. If you dare.

KWATZ!!!///

They're no more my buddies than they are yours.

But, at the risk of confrontation, I would argue that you are forcing your opinion on them as much or more than they are thier opinion on you.

Of course they are being much more civil about the whole conversation.

• Members
Originally posted by keith335

being a christian is all about having a personal relationship with the person of Jesus Christ. I've been saved since Jan. 17, 1989. I had used some form of drug from pot to heroin/cocain for years. The night I got saved I stopped using cold turkey, went to college etc. etc. God really changed my life.

+1

Archived