I believe and support a lot of the teachings of Jesus

-=MYK=-

• Members

Originally posted by BadRonald

They're no more my buddies than they are yours.

But, at the risk of confrontation, I would argue that you are forcing your opinion on them as much or more than they are thier opinion on you.

Of course they are being much more civil about the whole conversation.

No problema.

Your analysis is flawed, I'm not forcing anything, just tired of the same old story. And even if I was forcing it, some fools just will never get it. Maybe I should give up on them.

Also, I'm not trying to make people feel scared or guilty by using a Holy text in a hubris-laden way, either.

But their 'opinion' as you call it has been forced on us all for 2000 years or so. Time's up.

Of course even you go ahead and make a judgement call on me.

So who dunnit? Us and them.

I do appreciate the attemts to make me more civil, since that seems so very important to a few folks here.

Though the Predator is not nice. That's not his function.

Chuck

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by -=MYK=-

It's actually a feature built into my modem. My own sense of smell isn't very good.

What's for dinner tonight, I'm hungry.

Same as it ever was, Supper's Ready:

Fire-Roasted Literalist with Illegal Herbs.

Organic Mexican Shade-Grown Coffee

Heirloom tomatoes still green:(

Chuck

• Members

Originally posted by chuckgp

Same as it ever was, Supper's Ready:

Fire-Roasted Literalist with Illegal Herbs.

Organic Mexican Shade-Grown Coffee

Heirloom tomatoes still green:(

Chuck

I clicked the reply button, and my brain clicked off.

Chuck chuckled while he checked his checkered checks.

• Members

No problema.

Your analysis is flawed, I'm not forcing anything, just tired of the same old story. And even if I was forcing it, some fools just will never get it. Maybe I should give up on them.

Also, I'm not trying to make people feel scared or guilty by using a Holy text in a hubris-laden way, either.

But their 'opinion' as you call it has been forced on us all for 2000 years or so. Time's up.

Of course even you go ahead and make a judgement call on me.

So who dunnit? Us and them.

I do appreciate the attemts to make me more civil, since that seems so very important to a few folks here.

Though the Predator is not nice. That's not his function.

Chuck

No judgement call. Just the facts. When you have a clear head go back and read all of your comments you posted in this thread. Your comments are outrageous.

• Members
Originally posted by tlp123

you left out terje and 17 tubes

Hey ya asshole (yes...I called you a (GASP!) name!)

Did you notice I NEVER...EVER questioned God. My faith in Him wavers....but still stands.

What I do is question man. I question those that blindly follow and...AND...have the nerve to damn their fellow man to hell. As if they have the power of God.

Ya''ll PRETEND to follow your God and your Jesus...but you don't.

Judge not lest ye be judged?

Meek shall inherit the earth.

the last shall be first.

the Lord works in mysterious ways.

I will come as a beggar upon ye.

And look at some of you. Passing the very judgement of God upon others. You don't know it yet because you are being led by false gods. You have been led to believe that YOU are actually a God! Dealing out judgements...omniprescence/potents and such.

Oh yeah... already KNOW *I * am a fruitcake. But it's funny you don't know YOU'RE one. :p

• Members

Originally posted by BadRonald

No judgement call. Just the facts. When you have a clear head go back and read all of your comments you posted in this thread. Your comments are outrageous.

Now insults that infer I am {censored}ed up in some way?

Or that I'm raging so horribly that I can't...hahaha!

Yes, daddy!

I've laughed my ass off on this thread so many times, I feel pretty good today.

Some really excellent POVs and info here, I think most agree.

Flawed facts, then?

I don't need to go back and read, I can remember a little more than you can I guess. Or do you type and then forget it?

I remember a lot of the Bible you heavy readers seen to forget so easy...literalism is blinding.

Outrageous? I call that bait.

How many checkmarks by my name now?

Touchy, touchy, delicate eggs. You should hardboil them.

But then they'd never hatch.

"In the glare of a light

I see a strange kind of sight--

of cages joined to form a star,

each person can't go very far

All tied to their things

they are netted by their strings

free to flutter in memories

of their wasted wings."

--Saint Gabriel and The Lamb

• Members
Originally posted by 17 Tubes

Hey ya asshole (yes...I called you a (GASP!) name!)

What I do is question man. I question those that blindly follow and...AND...have the nerve to damn their fellow man to hell. As if they have the power of God.

Ya''ll PRETEND to follow your God and your Jesus...but you don't.

And look at some of you. Passing the very judgement of God upon others. You don't know it yet because you are being led by false gods. You have been led to believe that YOU are actually a God! Dealing out judgements...omniprescence/potents and such.

Oh yeah... already KNOW *I * am a fruitcake. But it's funny you don't know YOU'RE one.
:p

Way cool, Go hed, go hed!!!

But please don't use vile outrageous language.
Go back and read what you've said
when you have a clear head,

for shame!!!:(

• Members

Now insults that infer I am {censored}ed up in some way?

Or that I'm raging so horribly that I can't...hahaha!

Yes, daddy!

I've laughed my ass off on this thread so many times, I feel pretty good today.

Some really excellent POVs and info here, I think most agree.

Flawed facts, then?

I don't need to go back and read, I can remember a little more than you can I guess. Or do you type and then forget it?

I remember a lot of the Bible you heavy readers seen to forget so easy...literalism is blinding.

Outrageous? I call that bait.

How many checkmarks by my name now?

Touchy, touchy, delicate eggs. You should hardboil them.

But then they'd never hatch.

"In the glare of a light

I see a strange kind of sight--

of cages joined to form a star,

each person can't go very far

All tied to their things

they are netted by their strings

free to flutter in memories

of their wasted wings."

--Saint Gabriel and The Lamb

Wow, there's not really much to say to that is there?

You're cooky.

• Members

Way cool, Go hed, go hed!!!

But please don't use vile outrageous language.

Go back and read what you've said

when you have a clear head,

for shame!!!
:(

When everyone here has a "clear head", I will try as well.

But it's laughable to think ANYONE has a truely "clear" head.

Agenda BS abounds! Teems! And yes.. I cursed. :( I also had no idea WHAT the hell I was talking about. :( I was just trying to follow along with everyone else!

But next time you talk to God...or yourself, let me know who actually really IS clear-headed and God-like and knows everything and everybody and all that.

• Members

Chuck, how are you? Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, my daughter has been very sick today. We're still waiting on the tests.

Chuck, let me ask you, have you ever read the Bible through? You know, to study your enemy so you can have the upper hand with people like me- a Christian

What about all the other writers in that time who were not Christian but wrote about Jesus?

And concerning the Bible, isn't it strange how 40+ writers over a period of 6000 years pen books that never contradict? How is that? How can Prophets fortell of Jesus who never saw him or know him and he step into the world and fulfill ALL of them, including where he would be born and by what method he would die (crucifiction) and when the prophet spoke it, there wasn't crucifictions until hundreds of years later.Prophecies that Chuck knew about but was afraid to tell anyone Of course you know all this Chuck 'cause you don't like to "look" like an idiot to your followers being you are a "senior poster" here:p

..and to the so called christian concerned about people judging people- please use the Word in proper context.
Example- DO YE NOT KNOW THAT THE SAINTS SHALL JUDGE THE WORLD ? AND IF THE WORLD SHALL BE JUDGED BY YOU, ARE YE UNWORTHY TO JUDGE THE SMALLEST MATTERS?-1 Cor 6:2 King James, word for word....

So what ya got Chuck? I've seen miracles and spirits, the God of the universe lives inside me- what you got?? huh?

so far all you got is cursing and blasphemy against the Living God- in other words- you got NOTHING

• Members

Originally posted by the_chief

Chuck, how are you? Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, my daughter has been very sick today. We're still waiting on the tests.

Chuck, let me ask you, have you ever read the Bible through? You know, to study your enemy so you can have the upper hand with people like me- a Christian

What about all the other writers in that time who were not Christian but wrote about Jesus?

And concerning the Bible, isn't it strange how 40+ writers over a period of 6000 years pen books that never contradict? How is that? How can Prophets fortell of Jesus who never saw him or know him and he step into the world and fulfill ALL of them, including where he would be born and by what method he would die (crucifiction) and when the prophet spoke it, there wasn't crucifictions until hundreds of years later.
Of course you know all this Chuck 'cause you don't like to "look" like an idiot to your followers being you are a "senior poster" here:p

..and to the so called christian concerned about people judging people- please use the Word in proper context.

Example- DO YE NOT KNOW THAT THE
SAINTS SHALL JUDGE THE WORLD
? AND IF THE WORLD SHALL BE JUDGED BY YOU, ARE YE UNWORTHY TO JUDGE THE SMALLEST MATTERS?-1 Cor 6:2 King James, word for word....

So what ya got Chuck? I've seen miracles and spirits, the God of the universe lives inside me- what you got?? huh?

so far all you got is cursing and blasphemy against the Living God- in other words- you got NOTHING

Sorry to hear your daughter is sick, I hope she's ok.

I've read the Bible through once, and read parts of it for years, I was raised in a Christian enviroment.

My personal studies have me reading it even more these days.

So your first theory is disproven.

You are not my enemy, although I may be yours.

The upper hand?? That's given, not something to strive for.

I see that you have formed a solid opinion of me, my motives, and what type of idiot I am.

Interesting theory on my 'followers', to whom I could give a {censored} if I look like a fool or not. Your perception is flawed.

That's about the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

Appearances are almost always deceiving, wise Christian.

Prophecies?? How do you know that those weren't filled in after the events happened, not before?

Easy, you don't. You have faith.

Other writers? Jesus fortold??? No other writers of that time wrote a word about it. But I suppose you have books full of this?

OF COURSE the Bible fortells it!! You'd have a real problem if it didn't.

Its a MYTH, it didn't really happen, you know?

The New Testament was CONTRIVED to make the prophecies look true.

You need to read something by people who don't believe the same way you do.

Still, no one with all this material has BOTHERED TO POST ANY EVIDENCE AT ALL.

Do you think there were actually guys with those names that wrote it? You trust Saul/Paul, the ultimate televangelist???

Pretty Christian of you, actually exactly what I've come to expect from outer-mystery literalists.

Do unto others, love your enemies, its all bull{censored} spew for you folks isn't it?

It sounds so good when self-justification is needed though.

The God of the universe? We are all part of it, it is not inside us.

Many incarnations of the One.

You're upset by this illness, and I know how much that sucks.

So, YOU ARE RIGHT!!!

I am wrong.

{censored} THE TRUTH. FAITH IS MORE ACCURATE.

I hope you feel better, argument winner. My followers have left me, they worship you now.

Chuck

• Members

Anyone here know anything about Graf and Wellhausen?

Have a read of this

To me, the idea that some of you are prepared to submit to having your lives dictated by a book without first having criticised it is, frankly, distressing.

It is precisely the "sanctity" of this book that stops so many Christians from really, truly, analysing it for what it is; a collection of books, a history of the Hebrew people, and the collected sacred texts of the Jewish people.

NB. I refer here to the Old Testament.

Whilst I see that many of the central themes that can be drawn out of this book are very valuable, and indeed I would conside Jesus to be one of the finer moral philosophers of the past few millenia, I do not understand how so many people make the decision to base their lives around this book and all it's little details, which is what so many literalist conservative Christians have done, without really assessing it as a document.

Thoughts anyone?

• Members

Originally posted by tom_s252

Anyone here know anything about Graf and Wellhausen?

To me, the idea that some of you are prepared to submit to having your lives dictated by a book without first having criticised it is, frankly, distressing.

It is precisely the "sanctity" of this book that stops so many Christians from really, truly, analysing it for what it is; a collection of books, a history of the Hebrew people, and the collected sacred texts of the Jewish people.

NB. I refer here to the Old Testament.

Whilst I see that many of the central themes that can be drawn out of this book are very valuable, and indeed I would conside Jesus to be one of the finer moral philosophers of the past few millenia, I do not understand how so many people make the decision to base their lives around this book and all it's little details, which is what so many literalist conservative Christians have done, without really assessing it as a document.

Thoughts anyone?

Popular religion.

It's easy.

Everybody else believes it.

Average IQ around 100.

2000 years of inertia.

Death is scary.

Life is painful.

Hubris is contageous.

Not many Deists with Reason.

Ignorance.

Oh and thanks for that link!!

Literalists, please read it. (WARNING: EVIDENCE)

Chuck

• Members

The experience that Jesus initiated his followers in, Gnosis, is and was and will be, eternal, immutable, and perfection, totally unassailable by belief, intellect, sect, persuasion, cajole, menace, guilt, comphrehension, thought and etc...

The issue of individual experience of what men call GOD...has and always will be communicated, one on one, from the living teacher to the student, in that...arrives the annointing of that which is awakened and already there...Grace

This traditionally has followed these past masters in sect...the Mystical ones, Kabbalists, Suffi's, Masons, Holy Name Society, Mithrans...they all practiced in encalves, usually away from the general populations...

Check out the Gnostic writings for a second set of biblical strictures, ones that were excluded from the Nicean consortium...these indicate that what jesus taught, was within a being...

The task then, is to establish ones personal experienec in the eternal Grace, not some intellectual battle ground or set of writings...

Seeking truth is not as hard as some ofyou folks make it out to be...

That Grace is as close as your now and next immaculate breath...or as far away as the other end of the universe, it's your choice and THAT to me, is the fabled Last Judgment...choosing the eternal gift while one is alive..or not.

R

• Members

Chuck, I appreciate your concern for my daughter. She has been sick for about a month, not able to keep food down, comes out both ways. It has steady been getting worse. No results yet as of today on the probing and lab work.

BTW, you're welcome for my concern for you also, for you to find the truth. That is all. Period. I searched high and low and through many religions and came across the evidence that ultimately lead me and others like myself to Faith in Christ. During the search I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but once accepting it by faith, man I could tell ya the stories about what I've witnessed first hand- some unbelievable miracles. So I can never deny or back down- you respect that in me I hope- that I am not a folder. I respect that in you.

Yeah, there are other writings about Jesus. That book from earlier post " the evidence of Christ" talks about where these writings are and who wrote them. It also breaks down the archeological finds and the cities that the BIble speak of and assures the reader that they are indeed in the places it described.

anyway, Jesus is not found in religion. he will not be found in just reading the Bible, though reading the Bible will show you how to find Him. I research still all religions and they basically make me sick. To find Jesus is so easy, it's insane. In John chapter 3, Nicodemus came to Jesus and asked Him how to enter into the kingdom of heaven. And Jesus relied, you must be born again. Nic thought he was crazy, asking how can you go back into your mother's womb a second time? Jesus replied you must be born of water (woman's water breaking during birth) and the Spirit. Who ever is born of the Spirit is of God. He knows them by the Spirit He placed in them. So how does the Spirit of God get into you?
By faith. What is faith. Hebrews 11:1-3 1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
This means that you have to believe in what you can't actually see. And believe me, that is HARD to do sometimes- alot of times.
Here is my conclusion- A person comes to Jesus only through faith, this is done by talking to Him and asking Him to come into your life, forgive you of your sins, and be the Lord (governor, leader) of your life, and you stay down on your knees praying earnestly until he does- and He will! He came and died just to save you. No other God in any religion has laid down His own life for creatures that He created from dust-ever besides our God. Why would he do such a crazy and painful thing- 'cause He loves you. Real love here.

And notice something else Jesus never wrote about himself. Many others did though. How much influence would it take for others to write about you for hundreds of years and make sure everything is carefully stated correctly? remember now, writing stuff down and word of mouth was the only way to hand this info down back then. And you know how that game works- 10 people in a room whisper something one to another and by the time it's finished, It is totally something different. So how did things get passed down and not contradict in places. Because God said His hand would be on the preservation of is word and his work. Hence, 2000 years later, we are still talking about it. (and you're saying, "yeah, don't remind me".

Chuck, since we are such close friends now:D , give it one last look- pick up that book at Wal-mart or somewhere and compare it to the Bible, or do some searching here on the net- Ex. here's one

anyway, I am finished with this thread, I have said just the right thing for someone here to come to know Jesus. You guys have unknowingly helped me lead someone to Jesus- I thank you and God thanks you, and I am not speaking for him he has already made His position clear- 2 Peter 3:9-10 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

• Members
Chuck, since we are such close friends now , give it one last look- pick up that book at Wal-mart or somewhere and compare it to the Bible, or do some searching here on the net- Ex. here's one

No problema buddy!:D
And again good luck with your daughter's recovery.

Actually, and unfortunately, I have that book, I bought it upon suggestion from another 'enemy' of mine...hahaha!

A good friend who happens to be a preacher, who I have debated with a lot with suggested it.

But I find it a laughable, unprofessionally written book.
I looked at some of the references/sources in the back of it:

"I strongly believe this to be true" was the reason offered for acceptance of some of the 'evidence' it contains.

That may be good enough for a lot of people, but you know me.

That's not evidence. Not even close.

I encourage you to read Freke and Gandy's excellent:
The Jesus Myth, and
Jesus and the Lost Goddess.

I believe there's lots of evidence, just not for a literal God that walked the earth.

Hopelessly Gnostic/Deist, with perverse Zen/Buddhist habits,

Chuck

Archived