I believe and support a lot of the teachings of Jesus

-=MYK=-

• Members

Do you know anything about the Stoning of Stephen? Resurrected Christ did NOT meet Paul days after the Cruxifiction.
For years, Saul was so violently anti Christian that he personally stoned and condemned Christians, that is of course...before his 'revelation.'
Apparently, Christ was able to extract the Jew out of him that was responsible for persecuting Christians in Israel. Christ redeemed him in a blinding light on the Road to Damascus, thusly the incredulous Saul seized his divining moment; he became Paul, superman of Christianity.
The message of Christ has thusly been Paul's ever since...
Pretty neat, eh...?
Christ said 'sin no more' to Paul's 'sin and dump it all on Christ, the Great Redeemer.'

Originally posted by Robman2

Jesus was the master of his time, he revealed Knowledge or Gnosis to his students.

He did survive the crucfixion, met Saul afterwards for a few days, taught him, then proceeded to his final destination in Kashmir.

Saul, like so many new students, permutated his own sensibilities into a PR campaign for his fervor, and justifiable zeal...he did however, create a religion, along with Peter and these two sects, were dismissed by those who did follow Christ's exact teaching, that the Kingdom of heaven is within.

Thes folks were ostracized by Paul and decided to move to the orient, creating the very first schism in the fledgling groups of Christ's followers.

Christ lived many years in Kashmir before he passed ( gravesite here:
) and who the hell knows if Paul ever had more then a basic clue as to what he should hev been paying attention to...

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"It's variousley coverd but":Jesus Lived In India by Holger Kirsten, is apt. (START HERE)

Once you've referenced this timeline then we can have a discussion...

"Christ redeemed him in a blinding light on the Road to Damascus"

Crist didn't redeem squat, he revealed what is immutable and infinite, Saul redeemed his own being by becomming a student, Christ did provide the bridge to that Grace...

First tenet of Gnosis: Eternal Light or as you say blinding, because in order to immerese in that, one has to have their eyes closed, in sense becoming blind...

Second Tenet: Unstruck sound or OM

Third: Logos or Holy Breath, Name of God, Word etc

Fourth tenet: Living Water, Manna, Bread of Heaven, Ambrosia, Nectar etc...the human is saline, and this experience is actually tasted physically on ones own pallat...

"thusly the incredulous Saul seized his divining moment; he became Paul, superman of Christianity"

Debatable hyperbole... giving laud to a student whose tenure has created a massive misunderstood legacy, one driving folks of faith, into further self justified darkness..not that Paul was all wrong, but historicity points out the obvious later followers who missed the message totally...

W comes to mind, Billy Grham, Paul Crouch...the good thing is, there is always a living master to bail us mortals out...but unless we redeem our selves and seek that...then it's all for naught.

This thread should really be in the Politics forum BTW but so many believers feel it's more important to hold fast and testify, that they over ride decorum and plant themselves for the furtherence of their beliefs and faith...

So be it.

R

• Members
Originally posted by Robman2

"It's variousley coverd but":Jesus Lived In India by Holger Kirsten, is apt. (START HERE)

Once you've referenced this timeline then we can have a discussion...

"Christ redeemed him in a blinding light on the Road to Damascus"

Crist didn't redeem squat, he revealed what is immutable and infinite, Saul redeemed his own being by becomming a student, Christ did provide the bridge to that Grace...

First tenet of Gnosis: Eternal Light or as you say blinding, because in order to immerese in that, one has to have their eyes closed, in sense becoming blind...

Second Tenet: Unstruck sound or OM

Third: Logos or Holy Breath, Name of God, Word etc

Fourth tenet: Living Water, Manna, Bread of Heaven, Ambrosia, Nectar etc...the human is saline, and this experience is actually tasted physically on ones own pallat...

"thusly the incredulous Saul seized his divining moment; he became Paul, superman of Christianity"

Debatable hyperbole... giving laud to a student whose tenure has created a massive misunderstood legacy, one driving folks of faith, into further self justified darkness..not that Paul was all wrong, but historicity points out the obvious later followers who missed the message totally...

W comes to mind, Billy Grham, Paul Crouch...the good thing is, there is always a living master to bail us mortals out...but unless we redeem our selves and seek that...then it's all for naught.

This thread should really be in the Politics forum BTW but so many believers feel it's more important to hold fast and testify, that they over ride decorum and plant themselves for the furtherence of their beliefs and faith...

So be it.

R

You're close, in many ways.

Paul was, to be specific, an Initiate, and his epistles are addressed to fellow Initiates, not to general congregations of "believers" or the generic faithful followers. Ergo, it is the subsequent generations of "mainstream Christians" (thank you, Constantine :mad: ) -- who've been taught *nothing* about Initiation, the Wisdom traditions, or the inner teachings Jesus speaks of in the Gospels -- who cannot help but misinterpret Paul (let alone Christ Himself) according to their own mundane and profane (i.e., materialistic, as opposed to sacred/spiritual) "understanding" (or lack thereof).

In other words, it ain't Paul's fault modern folks have warped and misunderstood his writings.

And Jesus never lived in India in His mortal incarnation. He didn't have to. There's nothing in his teachings that does not have deep roots in the ancient Hebraic Wisdom (i.e., Mystery) tradition.

But you're very, very close, as I said . . . :D

Chris

• Members

Originally posted by tlester

Just like someone else said above... Go and try to disprove the Bible. Major figures who have, including Darwin, became a beliver (saved) after this test.

-Tom

If I have to go to the trouble of actively trying to disprove it, then I would be doubting my own belief that there is no God. Just as you do not have to prove that God exists, neither do I have to prove that he does not. I believe that he does not, and you believe that he does.

• Members

Jesus travelled the then known world, in between his 12 years of age discourse, he did college in Heliopolis Egypt, thatn taught in Greece, Persia, India, Tibet, China, and various other places...

He was supported by his benefactors, wealthy folks and his extended family, his dad was not a schlubb carpenter, he was a contractor and well off.

So he did indeed understand where Kashmir would be geographically.

His personification, enlightenment was complete long before he was arrested and hung so emanations of divinity would not have been at all diminished or supercharged after that ordeal.

One's inner being, or Grace is immutable and unable to be created or destroyed, his and ours.

Kirtsen maintains that he was drugged, when they gave him the "vinegar and water", so that he would slow metabolically enough to be assume dead, the drug was Somas...

They then got him down before sunset, otherwise, he would have been there through the Sabbath and surely would have passed.

It's a point of the archeological versus the cryptic written texts at this juncture.

Not unlike the debate about Ramses The Great being alive a few hundred years removed from Moses.

I suggest reading Kirsten's book, it's like CSI for Jesus folks.

Rob

• Members
Originally posted by pennypusher

Confucius, roughly 400 years before the supposed birth of Jesus:

"Do not to others what you do not want done to yourself"

I think the teachings of Jesus as they are presented in the New Testament represent the absolute highest principles of human nature, but these moral principles existed in "heathen" cultures long before Jesus' time.

So... Catholisism is a better marketing group, what's your point.. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Mesaholic

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

Thanks man. There for a minute I thought I was losing it.

You have made incredible progress on your first day, grasshopper.

I am hopeful for you.

Rest up.

Chuck

• Members

Originally posted by Pepi

Did you ever wonder why nothing was said about Dinasours in the Bible? I mean they did exist?

Job 41

1 "Can you pull in the leviathan with a fishhook

or tie down his tongue with a rope?

2 Can you put a cord through his nose

or pierce his jaw with a hook?

3 Will he keep begging you for mercy?

Will he speak to you with gentle words?

4 Will he make an agreement with you

for you to take him as your slave for life?

5 Can you make a pet of him like a bird

or put him on a leash for your girls?

6 Will traders barter for him?

Will they divide him up among the merchants?

7 Can you fill his hide with harpoons

or his head with fishing spears?

8 If you lay a hand on him,

you will remember the struggle and never do it again!

9 Any hope of subduing him is false;

the mere sight of him is overpowering.

10 No one is fierce enough to rouse him.

Who then is able to stand against me?

11 Who has a claim against me that I must pay?

Everything under heaven belongs to me.

12 "I will not fail to speak of his limbs,

his strength and his graceful form.

13 Who can strip off his outer coat?

Who would approach him with a bridle?

14 Who dares open the doors of his mouth,

ringed about with his fearsome teeth?

15 His back has rows of shields

tightly sealed together;

16 each is so close to the next

that no air can pass between.

17 They are joined fast to one another;

they cling together and cannot be parted.

18 His snorting throws out flashes of light;

his eyes are like the rays of dawn.

19 Firebrands stream from his mouth;

sparks of fire shoot out.

20 Smoke pours from his nostrils

as from a boiling pot over a fire of reeds.

21 His breath sets coals ablaze,

and flames dart from his mouth.

22 Strength resides in his neck;

dismay goes before him.

23 The folds of his flesh are tightly joined;

they are firm and immovable.

24 His chest is hard as rock,

hard as a lower millstone.

25 When he rises up, the mighty are terrified;

they retreat before his thrashing.

26 The sword that reaches him has no effect,

nor does the spear or the dart or the javelin.

27 Iron he treats like straw

and bronze like rotten wood.

28 Arrows do not make him flee;

slingstones are like chaff to him.

29 A club seems to him but a piece of straw;

he laughs at the rattling of the lance.

30 His undersides are jagged potsherds,

leaving a trail in the mud like a threshing sledge.

31 He makes the depths churn like a boiling caldron

and stirs up the sea like a pot of ointment.

32 Behind him he leaves a glistening wake;

one would think the deep had white hair.

33 Nothing on earth is his equal

• Members
Originally posted by verypoor

Job 41

1 "Can you pull in the leviathan

• Members
Originally posted by SHAW

believe what you will but i `m pretty sure youre a no guitar playing punk that has 7500 plus post in less than a year

:rolleyes:

You are either sniffing glue or you've failed every english class you've ever had, which is it?

• Members

You can't have Jesus without having God. Jesus said, if you have seen me you have seen the Father. He also said" I and the father are one".

Luke was a dr. Starting out in his book, he tells that he carefully researched all this Jesus stuff and came to the conclusion that it was real.

Let's face it, with all the problems in the world, Jesus is still the only answer. He says so himself. Addicted to something, go to Jesus. Need answers, go to Jesus. His name alone still raises people from the dead, still heals diseases of all sorts and still saves and changes the life's of people daily.

Let's not be ignorant here. Do the research and come to your own conclusion. Why, just less than 100 years ago a guy named Smith Wigglesworth raised 14 people from the dead using the name Jesus. Wigglesworth -Read down through this, it'll only take you 1 minute.

Conclusion, God IS real, and you were created for his pleasure, not your own. This is his world, not yours. Talk to him sometime, he loves you. Each and everyone of us.

• Members
Originally posted by Pepi

MYK:

This is what it is all about ... WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN. Myself, I believe in a creator. Somebody has been with my sorry ass for many years. I've been protected by something. This {censored} about us being made from amino acid just doesn't get it for me. We all need something to believe in
;)

Pepi...and MYK (you agreed)

I disagree...

You are saying it is so easy to believe you were magically "created"....by a thing that lives out there and watches us and "is with us/protects us"...

But you find it absurd that soup created us?

Odd.

Who created the Creator? If you don't think we just "Are" than how can It be?

• Members
Originally posted by the_chief
You can't have Jesus without having God. Jesus said, if you have seen me you have seen the Father. He also said" I and the father are one".

@@@@Okay, if I can't have you're Jesus, I'll just call him Jason from now on. Jason Crisp. I like a lot of his teachings, a lot, not all, but a lot.

Luke was a dr. Starting out in his book, he tells that he carefully researched all this Jesus stuff and came to the conclusion that it was real.

Let's face it, with all the problems in the world, Jesus is still the only answer. He says so himself. Addicted to something, go to Jesus. Need answers, go to Jesus. His name alone still raises people from the dead, still heals diseases of all sorts and still saves and changes the life's of people daily.

@@@@@@What happens when you become addicted to you're religion, who do you go to then? You're local drug dealer?

Let's not be ignorant here. Do the research and come to your own conclusion. Why, just less than 100 years ago a guy named Smith Wigglesworth raised 14 people from the dead using the name Jesus. Wigglesworth -Read down through this, it'll only take you 1 minute.

@@@I don't really buy that, but you certainly can all you like.

Conclusion, God IS real, and you were created for his pleasure, not your own. This is his world, not yours. Talk to him sometime, he loves you. Each and everyone of us.

@@@@Careful with that preachin;)

• Members
Originally posted by the_chief

Let's not be ignorant here. Do the research and come to your own conclusion. Why, just less than 100 years ago a guy named Smith Wigglesworth raised 14 people from the dead using the name Jesus.
Wigglesworth
-Read down through this, it'll only take you 1 minute.

How can Jesus be the answer? Are you saying things would be that much worse w/o Jesus? What did he change/ how did he save our world? Some theoretical afterlife? If it was that big of a deal, it would effect more than the afterlife. The Earth and humans are still filthy {censored}ed up animals.

I can't seem to buy the theroy of evolution. How can we look at ourselves and claim any real evolution?

But that would mean God created this (mostly) {censored}ed up mess.

:(

• Members

you're not familiar with the story...
it was all good when God created it. Another being that he created wanted God's throne and fell from grace- saying I, I, I, me, me ,me. His name was Lucifer.

He went into the garden where the first humans were and tricked them- read the story man. You'll be accountable to it whether you believe it or not!

...2 seconds after you die, you'll remember my words- but it will be too late.

BTW- the world is going according to God's words, he knew it would go this way and he is still in control of all that is good, and good wins in the end. Always does...

believe it or not, God is reaching out to you right now in the words I am typing to you...all ya got to do is believe- it's so simple it's rediculous

• Members

MYK, you don't have to "buy" it, it's free. And I am free. Free from sin, addictions, and even religion. "Who Christ has set free is free indeed"

you don't understand this freedom 'cause you don't have it. And without faith you never will.

you're so bound that even my words about God bring you pain and the INABILITY to NOT strike out at me and in doing so Him too, 'cause these words are not mine but His and the message is not mine but His. I'm just telling you the truth- whether or not you do the research and accept it is up to you

if my very soul depended on me getting off my butt and researching this Jesus, I believe I would want to find out what all the fuss is about.

You don't have to buy it, no. Just tell me something, why so many Christian holidays? And why is the worlds very time table centered around Jesus- BC (before Christ and AD????) the year is 2005 AD is it not?? 2005 years since what happened???

open your eyes man, the proof is staring you in the face

Archived