I believe and support a lot of the teachings of Jesus

-=MYK=-

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by gdwill2u

The guy states his beliefs in a polite manner in a forum that is about beliefs and THIS IS YOUR response.

One of the bible versus goes something like this, in the end times men will be proud of what they should be ashqmed of and ashamed of what they should be proud of.

You fulfill this prohecy my friend.

We should be proud of virtues like honesty, fidelity, courtesy, courage and humility. The chief of all these virtues is humility for without humility all the other virtues will only make one closer to hell.

I am not being pretentious, just pompous:D

seriously though, you owe chief an apology, and chief, keep up the good work brother, I am all in your corner....just remember this forum is 90% liberal and 95% agnostic, so don't expect a lot of support.

He stated his beliefs in the usual extremely offensive, ignorant, literalist manner.

PROUD of virtues?...yeah PRIDE that's the whole problem I think, all that PRIDE in my better-than-yours literalist faith.

Yeah Christians...be PROUD, like it says to do in your story-book.

"Be ye therefore PROUD of thyself" Yeah that's what mine says..

Chuck

• Members

...2 seconds after you die, you'll remember my words- but it will be too late.

OH YEAH, totally polite and repectful of other people:rolleyes:

Yeah I'll apologize, for all the idiots that think like that, I am damn sorry.

Chuck

• Members

Originally posted by chuckgp

OH YEAH, totally polite and repectful of other people:rolleyes:

Yeah I'll apologize, for all the idiots that think like that, I am damn sorry.

Chuck

Argh, ugh, you're going to HELL!

HELL! Pitchfork sodomy, burning metal spikes, whores with horns, the works!

• Members

Originally posted by Senor Forum

Argh, ugh, you're going to HELL!

HELL! Pitchfork sodomy, burning metal spikes, whores with horns, the works!

If its like in Constantine, LET'S DO THU HELL THANG DAMMITT!!

Here kitty kitty!

• Members

I am not a Christian, and I do not have issues with individual Christians (unless they personally affect me negatively). However I do have issues with Christianity as a whole. My biggest concern is that Christianity removes the "will" part of freewill. What I mean by this is that when a alcoholic quits drinking and becomes born again, it is through the power of Christ and not a triumph of his/her own will. Also if a person commits a "sin" in some religions all they have to do is ask for "forgiveness". These acts seperate the person from being acountable for their actions.

Also I have a hard time getting passed the "Thou Shalt Not Kill" but lets go kill as many that think differently from us in the Crusades, or the Inquistions, or the Salem Witch trials, or the... well, I digress.

When I look at Christianity all I see is a direct response of a cult that was sickened by the cultures of those that persecuted them. Many of the ideals and practices that are forbidden in the Bible were common practices of the Egyptians and Romans.

Remember folks that these are all opinions. Take em or leave em.

• Members

Oh whoa hold on true believers....

Christ, a title BTW, meaning annointed one, was one amoung many masters who have been living human incarnations...

The exclaimed, virtue imbued to Jesus, is colored and like Play Dough, is availbale for consumption variously. But belief, cannot satisfy the heart seeking truth, in fact it's a stepping stone and many, many, many find themselves, standing on it, waving their holy books while the journey is not finished...nd they are in the middle of the river.

One cannot examine the truth and rest at journeys end unless one puts down the baggage first...

The text's O bible, were congealed from over 100 oral traditions, and melded at Nicea into the versions espoused.

The traditional tales, were written about, some 100 years or more on and well after the fact.

To suppose that the textuals are accurate to the degree that choosing ink and paper, which cannot possibly be that essence...simply because at some point, all matter will be returned to dust, including the books....well, that's pretty much missing the point.

The experience that Jesus initiated his followers in, Gnosis, is and was and will be, eternal, immutable, and perfection, totally unassailable by belief, intellect, sect, persuasion, cajole, menace, guilt, comphrehension, thought and etc...

Grace, (these four tenets) takes human form when we are concieved and leaves us when it departs or as most of us call it...when we die.

That pure spirit, can be experienced while one is alive, and it's not an oversimplification to say, man has the innate ability to experience heaven, within, during a lifetime.

The notion that one need die first is completly false...

In fact, the experience of what men call God is each humans birth right, the key is, one MUST be taught by the living master, and that's what every master has said...something like (paraphrased) come to me, and I'll give you the keys to that which is already inside of you, but I cannot do it for you...you need to take ownership. OH, and BTW you can't get there without me...although you can certainly try, but I'll be here when you get tired of chasing around....

God's not as complicated as we have made it...

R

• Members
Originally posted by the_chief

MYK, you don't have to "buy" it, it's free. And I am free. Free from sin, addictions, and even religion. "Who Christ has set free is free indeed"

you don't understand this freedom 'cause you don't have it. And without faith you never will.

you're so bound that even my words about God bring you pain and the INABILITY to NOT strike out at me and in doing so Him too, 'cause these words are not mine but His and the message is not mine but His. I'm just telling you the truth- whether or not you do the research and accept it is up to you

if my very soul depended on me getting off my butt and researching this Jesus, I believe I would want to find out what all the fuss is about.

You don't have to buy it, no. Just tell me something, why so many Christian holidays? And why is the worlds very time table centered around Jesus- BC (before Christ and AD????) the year is 2005 AD is it not?? 2005 years since what happened???

open your eyes man, the proof is staring you in the face

This will be my last post for awhile I swear I am avoiding religious and political threads, haha. But I wanted to comment on Chief's statement here, this is the very concept that lead me to salvation.

Like a lot of you I was cynical and even rebellios about the idea of a God who is judging me. I hated the thought.

I also was sinning and doing things I knew were wrong and I did not want to feel bad for doing what I wanted.

But some baptist preacher said that either Jesus was EXACTLY who he claimed to be or he was a delusional liar, and the balance of our eternal souls lay in our honest attempt to come to terms with this question.

The bible says that the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. It also says that is a fearful and terrible thing to fall into the hands of an angry God.

God is love but he is also just and holy, it is only through the shared life found in Christ that we can enter His Holy presence. That is what the bible teaches, this is what we call the gospel, or the good news, it is what my church (catholic) teaches and it is what is taught as the central and foundational truth in all christian churches. Jesus is the sacrifice acceptable to God to satisfy His demand for us to be perfect and Holy, Jesus through the miracle of His death and resurrection shares His perfect and holy life with all that believe on His name. Another way to put it, God has found us guilty of sin, the punishment is an eternity in hell (bveing separate from God), Jesus has gone to God and said I will take the punishement on myself for all, God said fine but they must ask for this gift and they must receive it by faith. This is the mystery of faith and it is celebrated at the mass, or at communion (protestant version of mass).

BTW - I set out thinking I would prove the religionist wrong, I approached the bible with a scientific mindset and a skeptics heart. Less than one year later I had surrendered my life to Christ.

OK, that's it, no more from me on this subject for awhile.:) :)

• Members

But some baptist preacher said that either Jesus was EXACTLY who he claimed to be or he was a delusional liar, and the balance of our eternal souls lay in our honest attempt to come to terms with this question.

Only 2 choices???

Dualistic.

How bout, he never existed, its a fable?

His followers evolved into delusional liars?

Your eternal soul is fine, don't worry about it?

Baptist preachers are insane?

It wasn't meant to be taken literally?

There's also a hidden meaning in it, that you are still missing completely?

That'll do for now.

WELL??

(I thought that was pretty nice)

Chuck

• Members

Originally posted by jrc6

MYK, you stirred up the pot, and got the bees angry. Any topic like this, abortion, war, what have you, will stir up the pot.

Anyway, you guys have to check out this interesting movie called, "What the bleep do we know?" It is a cool take on science & spirituality.

There are lot of cool guys who talk about spirituality. Wayne Dyer is a great motivational speaker. If you are interested, check out some of his books. Great stuff about the ego thing. This ego thing he talks about, in my opinion, is the "GAS," that we all have. Maybe if we all became more spiritual, we would lose the GAS sensation.

At any rate, agree with others in that religion & spirituality are different. I tend to think of religion as another political entity. Too bad many folks can't just become spiritual without the political non sense. This "spiritual thing" is about yourself & connection with the life force, creator, god, great spirit, jesus (whatever you want to call it, him.

my rant ends. peace to everyone.

I really didn't mean to do any stirring here, but there is a lot of good information in this thread, and I thank you for your info. I'll check out the material!

• Members
Originally posted by gdwill2u

This will be my last post for awhile I swear I am avoiding religious and political threads, haha. But I wanted to comment on Chief's statement here, this is the very concept that lead me to salvation.

Like a lot of you I was cynical and even rebellios about the idea of a God who is judging me. I hated the thought.

I also was sinning and doing things I knew were wrong and I did not want to feel bad for doing what I wanted.

The bible says that the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. It also says that is a fearful and terrible thing to fall into the hands of an angry God.

God is love but he is also just and holy, it is only through the shared life found in Christ that we can enter His Holy presence. That is what the bible teaches, this is what we call the gospel, or the good news, it is what my church (catholic) teaches and it is what is taught as the central and foundational truth in all christian churches. Jesus is the sacrifice acceptable to God to satisfy His demand for us to be perfect and Holy, Jesus through the miracle of His death and resurrection shares His perfect and holy life with all that believe on His name. Another way to put it, God has found us guilty of sin, the punishment is an eternity in hell (bveing separate from God), Jesus has gone to God and said I will take the punishement on myself for all, God said fine but they must ask for this gift and they must receive it by faith. This is the mystery of faith and it is celebrated at the mass, or at communion (protestant version of mass).

BTW - I set out thinking I would prove the religionist wrong, I approached the bible with a scientific mindset and a skeptics heart. Less than one year later I had surrendered my life to Christ.

OK, that's it, no more from me on this subject for awhile.
:)
:)

Let's be very, very clear about one thing: what you've posted is what YOU SAY the Bible teaches, as YOU SEE IT.

If you'd said that, I'd never have given you a hard time about any of your misguided religious posts.

You did not, however. You claim that this is what the Bible teaches, period, no matter what anyone else has to say.

In that, you are unequivocally wrong.

I'm glad your experiences have enhanced your life. I just wish to God you'd be more thoughtful and accurate in talking about those experiences in public.

Chris

• Members

Originally posted by redrol

I hope one day mankind will progress passed the stone age belief system we call religion.

Don't have my hopes too high. Apparently people need to be taught how to behave.

Dharma, baby. Living on those animal levels, you know?

• Members

Dharma, baby. Living on those animal levels, you know?

No I don't know... But if it is yet another man-made religion I will dismiss it much like MTV.

Jesus is about as important as the tooth fairy. Nice to have something to believe in when you are a kid but we do all grow up eventually. It amazes me how people just throw critical thinking RIGHT OUT THE {censored}ING window when it comes to their chosen religion.

• Members

I am not a Christian, and I do not have issues with individual Christians (unless they personally affect me negatively). However I do have issues with Christianity as a whole. My biggest concern is that Christianity removes the "will" part of freewill. What I mean by this is that when a alcoholic quits drinking and becomes born again, it is through the power of Christ and not a triumph of his/her own will. Also if a person commits a "sin" in some religions all they have to do is ask for "forgiveness". These acts seperate the person from being acountable for their actions.

Also I have a hard time getting passed the "Thou Shalt Not Kill" but lets go kill as many that think differently from us in the Crusades, or the Inquistions, or the Salem Witch trials, or the... well, I digress.

When I look at Christianity all I see is a direct response of a cult that was sickened by the cultures of those that persecuted them. Many of the ideals and practices that are forbidden in the Bible were common practices of the Egyptians and Romans.

Remember folks that these are all opinions. Take em or leave em.

• Members
Originally posted by redrol

No I don't know... But if it is yet another man-made religion I will dismiss it much like MTV.

Jesus is about as important as the tooth fairy. Nice to have something to believe in when you are a kid but we do all grow up eventually. It amazes me how people just throw critical thinking RIGHT OUT THE {censored}ING window when it comes to their chosen religion.

It's all good. You'll "grow up" eventually, too, and get past this adolescent mentality. Hey, it's better than an infantile mentality -- I'll give you that. ;):p:o:cool::D

• Members
Originally posted by draelyc

It's all good. You'll "grow up" eventually, too, and get past this adolescent mentality. Hey, it's better than an infantile mentality -- I'll give you that.
;):p:o:cool::D

Damn, you are a predatory savage today (IMHO:D :p)

Leto would be so proud....er...

WILL be!

• Members

You pretentious, ignorant {censored}ing idiot literalist.

This is the mind of the wicked. What Chief said was absolutely correct. The second you die is going to be the worst nightmare you could ever imagine because you have been presented with God's message and have forcefully rejected it. God doesnt send poeple to hell...people go there of their own freewill

You must understand you dont hurt Christians feelings with your nonsense. When we read all these comments we somehow wish we could force you to change..but we cant. You are who you are. Christ has paid for yours and all our evil deeds...rejecting that free offer through arrogance is the order of the day for the lost

Now you can spew out whatever evil your master commands..but I wont be back to read it. That would be like showing up for a date with a skunk

• Members

The second you die is going to be the worst nightmare you could ever imagine because you have been presented with God's message and have forcefully rejected it.

You are as plentiful as maggots, I swear!!

WE are forcefully rejecting YOU and all the other literalist morons!

GET IT YET??? YOU are not God!

I REJECT YOUR IDIOT LITERALISM.

AND YOUR PRE-EMBRYO INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE.

{censored} YOU I've already died. It was the most peaceful experience of my life.

There were no {censored}head literalists anywhere near that pristine place.

Exactly how many seconds after death does this horrible nightmare kick it?

STUPID {censored} you don't even know what your spewing about.

STFU.

'I'm not afraid of your judgement, I know of horrors worse than your hell'

so shut the {censored} up, novice outer-mytery MORON

GODDAMN such stupidity,

Chuck (back in top form)

Archived